Grove Creek and Battle Creek Loop Trail

Grove Creek and Battle Creek Loop Trail is a 7.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pleasant Grove, UT that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

ice climbing

11.12.2016 | 15lb Backpack

For a Saturday, the trail was busy but not overwhelming. My GSD and I made it to the falls which is a decent climb but not too far from the trailhead. There are lots of cross trails, so be sure to have a map or ask someone for directions! You'll start by heading East into the canyon, switchback to the face of the mountain overlooking PG and then cut East again.

There are definitely some narrow sections but nothing too intimidating. Just be sure you're paying attention to your feet on the way down as the rocks can be slippery.

Apparently after the falls you cross a bridge and move from rocky/scrubby terrain to meadow/pine tree terrain which sounds like nice variety. I really enjoyed the valley views on the way down and definitely want to come back to complete the loop.

Overall it's peaceful, beautiful and a good leg burner!

I think it's harder then Moderate..

This was an AWESOME hike! The fall foliage is breath taking with the snowy mountains as a backdrop. Literally this was the most beautiful hike I've ever been on. Be sure to bring lots of water and snacks. Parts of the trail are muddy and at times you have to traverse the creek, and my feet got wet, so wear good waterproof shoes if you have them. The hike down was steep and would probably not be good for someone with bad knees.

You will need to download and use the GPS map included in AllTrails Pro or some other GPS system to navigate, there's too many opportunities to take the wrong way. Also, make sure you have someone pick you up because you will end up at a different parking lot than where you started; the trail ends around Kiwanis park.

LOVED this loop. The trees are exploding with color up battle creek side and at the top of the loop! Magical! I suggest going up battle creek and down the other, just my opinion. Top of the loop can be confusing, watch for signs, access roads can confuse you which way to go. The spring at Indian Campground was real cool. Also I suggest two cars, one at each parking lot...walking back over to Kiwanis parking lot from the other canyon was confusing, no shade and rough trying to figure which road to follow...which is why I gave it only 4 stars. Otherwise this was a great hike and worth the uphill/downhill efforts. My dog loved the water and adventure.

Great hike for adults. Definitely not for little kids as trail follows some steep cliffs up grove creek and is quite steep. Beautiful views when you are up behind the G mountain. Took about 2.5 hours at moderate pace. We parked a car at the mouth of each canyon - so we didn't do the complete loop.

Beautiful hike. Fairly strenuous. I hiked it two days ago and didn't encounter any flies or overgrown trails.

I forgot to mention that it was recorded at 9.5 miles from Grove Creek trailhead to Battle Creek trail head. so if you complete the loop it would be over 10.5
Alltrails doeznt seem to have it accurate.

my friends and I went up there this week to backpack, thinking it would be a pretth moderate first trail. Grove Creek was great, but once you pass the waterfull and get in the meadow, there is so much overgrowth and flies!! THE FLIES OH GOD. They were fearless bastards, that would not leave us alone no matter how hard we flicked them off, they clinged until we killed them with our bare hands. They bit too. And it hurt. We camped at Indian springs, in some tree clearings, and they were abundant there as well. I've never seen so many flies in my life. We thought we checked out the spot decemtly enough, but later in the evening after we were about to go to bed we saw two huge wasp nests above our tent. Oh, and there was so much stinging nettle in the indian springs meadow, it's an uncomfortable hike through to get out. The next day as we hiked across 151 to Battle Creek, the trail was covered in poison oak and I am unbelievably itchy. Once were hiking down battlecreek, there was an area also overgrown, that I couldnt see the trail very well and slipped off, falling with my pack on and sprained my ankle, which lead to the last 2 miles down to be very painful. The meadow between Big Baldy and Timo is so breathtaking, though. It made the whole ordeal worth it. The rangers said they're going up next week to start clearing the path and making it safer for everyone to enjoy. As of right now, I don't recommend it.

It was such a beautiful hike up there. We've had plenty of rain and things are really green. I saw a large buck duck into the tree line and a doe stood there watching me as I made my way through the meadow connecting to the top of Battle Creek trail.

I'd like to go again with friends and family. Maybe hammocking

great day for hiking. Eagle project we cleared some of the over g r owth on the lower trail and creek bed for easier access and viewing pleasure.

There's a lot of cool rock formations to look at, and good views over the valley.

kid friendly? maybe if the kid you take is a step kid you hate. also, according to my fitbit this hike is actually more like 12 miles long. very beautiful. if you want to be an overachiever, hike up to the G too!

When I got to the spring I was looking at Mahogany and that mountain pulled me to the summit. Of course my legs had to help but I didn't have a choice but to climb the east face that looked fun from the spring, wow was I wrong. It looked great from afar but far from great doing it. I had to remove my dogs backpack because he couldn't push thru the brush. Once we got to the ridge it was just a bare uphill to the summit . I decided to go down the south east ridge to meet the trail at the bridge. Well it got dark on us before we got to the south end of the ridge so I used my gps to navigate down. We ended up sliding down the shale shuts and landing on the trail at the water fall. That was a blast listing to the sound of the shale slide at night . It was over 4,000 feet of elevation gained from the parking lot to the summit of Mahogany. My dogs enjoyed this hike and there is plenty of water in sagebrush flat.

Completed the loop and added Big Baldy. It took more than 5 hours. If you exclude Big Baldy, I think the loop would take about 3 hours. I would recommend Battle Creek to Grove Greek loop which would be nicer for your knees and ankles. Battle Creek is steeper than Grove Creek. I would rather hike up steeper uphill and run less steeper downhill.

Completed the loop still snow on the connector trail between Grove Creek and Battle Creek Trail. Great views.