Grove Creek Spring Indian Springs Trail

Grove Creek Spring Indian Springs Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pleasant Grove, UT that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The trail up grove creek canyon has lots of switchbacks, minor river crossings, great views, and a nice spring at the end of the hike. This trail sits under MT. Timpanogos and has a great view of Utah valley.

There's so many different trails you can take on this hike! I love it!

I hadn't been backpacking in about 15 years. This was a great trail to get back into it. My brother and I went up and started or hike around 4pm. We took our time and it took us about 2.5hrs to get to the falls (I'm a big guy who is out of shape, carrying a pack... I took plenty of breaks). The views are absolutely gorgeous, especially the trip back down. We had a perfect day for the hike. There are several spots that would be slick and dangerous in rain or wet ground. I would not recommend for "inexperienced children" due to slick rock as and narrow trail close to steep edges. We went about another mile beyond the falls, found a nice place to set up camp. During the day (May 11) we got burnt, at night it got quite cold, but there was no frost on the ground. Overall - amazing trip that has reignited my passion for camping.

Not a bad hike. It's a good trail for some running or hiking before work in the morning, but I wouldn't go out of my way to hike it. There are some interesting stretches of trail that are rather exposed, and the waterfall at the top is nice. It is very exposed to the sun with very little shade for the first two miles, so go early in the morning or wear protection.

A decent hike! I agree with the "moderate" rating. There isn't much shade so go early to avoid the heat. There are a few forks near the beginning so just be mindful of following makings. Make sure on your way up to stop a few times to check out the view of the valley! There is a bench near the big waterfall, then a little ways further there's a bridge over the river. After that, you can hike up a ways through a meadow to the campground. Beyond this, you can go further to a higher viewpoint but I think just at the campground is as nice if you don't want to go as far.
It wasn't my very favorite hike, so not one I would repeat anytime soon, but it was enjoyable!
It took us 3.5 hours to go from the trailhead to the campground and back.

Easy to follow trail. Long dug-way high up on the north side until you cross the creek at the bottom of a nice casdade

I only made it a bit past the bridge because of the snow, but it is a definite repeater!

Steep. Great workout. Do this hike in the morning as the trail is exposed to the sun most of the day.

This was an amazing hike. The changing colors makes it even better. This is a steep climb most of the way, and leans more to moderate because of it, but the views are worth it.

Great hike over all. Rather steep all the way up. Even steeper coming down the other side. If you are camping, I recommend making it a two nighter. Stay at the spring the 1st night then continue up the trail until it meets a dirt road. The road goes for about a mile before turning back into a trail. follow the road downhill south past a very large meadow and follow the signs to Battle Creek. When you see the creek through the trees on the left there is a nice camping spot right there. It's about two more miles down to Battle Creek Falls. The trail down Battle Creek will be easier to find in the Fall after the seasons foot traffic.

Overall, I enjoyed this hike. The trail is very well kept, absent a few areas where the grade is the steepest and it is washed out a bit. The grade on the accent is relatively consistent, and moderate, with very few strenuous areas, and absolutely nothing technical. Great hike to bring along the dog, unless they don't follow voice command well, as there are areas through the canyon that are, well, cliffs. A gentleman I ran into on my climb said his dog "fell off" the cliff last time they were out, and he isn't taking it anymore. I did this trail in March, and there was no snow until you reached the alpine level, where in many places it was marshy and there were occasional patches of thick snow. No need to take tons of water on this hike, as there can be plenty of places to fill up along the way. Be mindful in the canyon during the summer, as it's relatively exposed the entire way, and will be very hot.

The first little bit is on a dirt road that's big enough to drive a car on. Then the trail takes off to the left and up. The first section on the more narrow trail is fairly steep in the beginning but once you get past that the rest of the hike is not bad. I'd suggest you start early and/or pick a cooler day because there isn't much foliage to cover you and it gets hot. Once you get to the springs and waterfall, and go beyond that there is plenty of trees and foliage and it's nice and cool from there on. I would have liked to have gone further past the springs than we did... maybe next time.

This is a great hike. One of my new favorites. I only day-hiked this one this time, but I plan on going back the next time I want a quick overnighter fix. Lots of room to camp at the end of the trail. The trail difficulty is about perfect. I'm an average fitness level and although the trail kept my heart rate up the whole time but not bad enought that I needed any major breaks. Much of the trail ( until you cross the bridge and start hiking south) is very exposed. I'd be nervous about taking any children higher up on this trail, but shouldn't be a problem for fit adults. Easy access to water the whole time. Water is coming directly from a spring and it's fast moving. So I didn't worry about filtering and it's been fine. But it's usually smarter to not risk it. Ice cold, delicious mountain water. Nothing like it. This is a simply wonderful trail, you won't be disappointed.

We backpacked up to a small meadow about a half mile above the waterfall. The trail was well-maintained and the views going up of Utah valley were amazing. I would definitely go up there again.

An easy hike with great views of Utah valley, beautiful creeks, and a pretty waterfall. A little steep at first but smooth sailing the rest of the way. This hike is one of the best-kept secrets of Pleasant Grove, so the trail is never too crowded. Love it.

Awesome Trail! You can shoot off East by North-East and head a couple miles into the falls (a breathtaking experience), or you can stick around the open ground and pack in a tent and some food for a really quick overnighter with a good view of the valley. As always, bring bug-spray, they were pretty hungry last time i was up there. =P

Great trail for a hike. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Honestly the first part was the worse mostly because of the loose rocks on the trail. After that the trail is not too difficult. Just a few steep places. Lots of places you could fall if not careful though so keep kids close to you. Would not hike this in the dark at all. Bring a light if you're going to be hiking down in the dark.

Love this trail and camping at Grove Creek Spring! The trail is great and can go as fast or as slow as you want it. The views of Utah Valley are great. The camping around Grove Creek Spring is open and there is tons of space, plus you have a great view of Timp and fresh water! One of my favorites.