Grotto Falls Trail

Grotto Falls Trail is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Santaquin, UT that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Grotto Falls trail follows a small stream and curves its way through the forest crossing stream on large timbers put in place by the forest service. At the end of the trail you are greeted with a beautiful water fall cascading into a small pool of water, surrounded by steep rock walls.

Love this, very kid friendly, nice to do to get out if the Sumner heat

Very easy and pretty so the kids liked it too!!

Definitely kid friendly easy hike.

super easy but pretty trail.

Extremely easy but the falls are really pretty.

Easy. Big payoff for short walk.

I’ve hiked it a bunch. But I hiked it again with the uploaded GPX file, (I just joined Alltrails). My hobby is geocaching; I didn’t get any on this hike. The fall colors were nice. The trail is easy. I hiked up above the falls this time. It was a nice day for a hike. (and my first completed alltrails one).

Fun hike with a beautiful waterfall at the end.

My wife and I went up with our 3 and 6 year old. It was fantastic, the kids could mostly do it then selves with some basic hand holding. They played the grotto and loved it. It wasn't busy because we got there at 4:30 pm. We will do it again.

The trail features a beautiful deciduous forest that I was surprised to find in Utah, and the grotto is neat. There were TONS of people when I went though, so have fun cropping random people's children out of your photos.

Easy, shaded trail to a small, but fun waterfall. Went twice in July and enjoyed cooling off in the falls.

Short, enjoyable hike-walk. Great for kids and groups that may not be ready for longer hikes. Great reward at the end with waterfall and playing in the water.
**Warning- would have given 4 stars, but if people are climbing around above the falls, yell at them. There's lots of loose (shale?) rocks. Two of the girls in our group had rocks slide off from above and hit them.

Beautiful Grotto. Narrow pathways. Fun log bridges. Very popular. Kids and I enjoyed ourselves.

this is an easy trail. it's a fun little exertion. very busy so don't expect quiet, alone time. the was was chilly in early june, but the kids seemed to love it. the adventure is swimming under a waterfall.

Although very short, this is a nice stroll and you can take kids who are new to walking.

Easy as it gets. Beautiful trail. Love all the bridge crossings :)kids loved it.

Short, sweet and cool. Perfect hike for littles and people just getting into hiking.

Easy, cool ending with a waterfall.

Took us 30 minutes up and back, including the time we took at the waterfall. There were lots of people on the trail which made it slightly difficult at times (some parts of the trail are super narrow, so we'd have to wait for people to come before we could go). This was at around 12:30pm on a Saturday. We took our 4 month old baby and she seemed to enjoy it as well. In my opinion, it's more than a nature walk, but not super strenuous either due to the fact that it's so short. Bonus: you can go any time of day since the trail is very shady and breezy. If it's super hot outside, it doesn't affect you as much.