Grandeur Peak Trail from Church Fork

Grandeur Peak Trail from Church Fork is a 5.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

8 minutes ago

Trail is in good shape with mostly packed snow, but was a bit icy on the descent. Wear yaktrax if you've got 'em! Car to car in 1:50 with a 5-10 min break at the top.

Beautiful trail, snow packed basically the entire way. I wore yak tracks which were helpful on the way down. There's nothing technical about this trail, but the length and consistent elevation gain make it moderately difficult.

This was my first time on the trail (MLK holiday). It took us about 4 hours round trip and there were people faster and slower than us. I would rate this as moderate-difficult. The bottom and top were hardest (incline) and the middle was much easier. I wore yak-trax and I would DEFINITELY suggest them to anyone hiking in the winter. My husband wore running shoes and things got a little dicey on the way down, especially at the top. All in all this was a great trail and we will be back in the spring/summer. Oh, the app says this is 5.3 mi but the trailhead says 3.0 to the summit; add in the .5 mile through the campground and this is more like a 7 mi RT hike.

Great place to hike year round! This podcast sums it up pretty well: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/snowshoeing-snow-friendly/id1142336821?i=1000379208229&mt=2

Did this hike yesterday morning and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed it. I would definitely not rate this as a difficult hike. The incline really isn't that bad and it's relatively short. The trails were a bit icy in the beginning but it got better as we got closer to the peak. The views were much better than I expected. I would recommend this one for sure. Made it up and back to the car in just over 3 hours. Only saw 15-20 people on the trail. Had the peak to ourselves the entire 15 minutes we stayed up there.

I am in moderate shape and I was able to complete this in 4.5 hours. there was a major snow storm two days prior so the trail was very icy. I am not the thinnest girl, but I got knocked over by the wind gust a few times. I took lots of 2 minute breaks. I love this trail because it has a steady incline. I hiked back in the dark without a headlamp, so I took my time to avoid "eating it." =p

Up and down in 2:15 hrs at moderate speed. I'm more of a scenic hiker, so the peak wasn't the most fulfilling experience.

Decent hike with a consistent ascent. Last mile or so steeper so it will give your legs a good workout. A bit of scrambling but nothing hard. Great views from the top. Took about 3 hrs 15 min up/back with a 15-20 minute break at the top. Not many people on the path and a few dogs. About 6 miles RT from the road since you can't drive up to the TH

This hike is tough. I hike very often and this was difficult for me. The reward at the top is a beautiful view of the whole valley and it is gorgeous. I very much enjoyed the hike, although towards the end I felt it was more like rock climbing than hiking. It gets very steep about a mile from the top. We timed ourselves and we were up and back in 3 hours and 55 min (with about a 15 min break at the summit).

This is a long-ish trail with a relatively gentle incline. Great for beginner hikers that want to step up their game. It does get a bit tougher near the end with a few scrambles, nothing too technical though.

Would give it 5 stars except it was quite crowded.

We did this later in the evening to get a good sunset view. It was awesome. The lighting right after the sun sets is the best for pictures. The colors come alive. As for the hike itself, it was definitely a good elevation gain. The switch backs aren't bad. And the last mile is pretty spectacular scenery so you don't mind the steeper climb to the top. We had a great time!

This one is definitely not for the faint of heart. I learned the hard way you need to build up to this one if you are a beginning hiker such as myself. Other than that it is a great hike and is beautiful for the last mile or so before the top. Got some great pictures from around the peak. Would definitely recommend for the enthusiast.

O did a track with my husband and his son. Track easy and beautyful images.