Grandeur Peak Trail from Church Fork

Grandeur Peak Trail from Church Fork is a 5.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, UT and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I am in moderate shape and I was able to complete this in 4.5 hours. there was a major snow storm two days prior so the trail was very icy. I am not the thinnest girl, but I got knocked over by the wind gust a few times. I took lots of 2 minute breaks. I love this trail because it has a steady incline. I hiked back in the dark without a headlamp, so I took my time to avoid "eating it." =p

Up and down in 2:15 hrs at moderate speed. I'm more of a scenic hiker, so the peak wasn't the most fulfilling experience.

Decent hike with a consistent ascent. Last mile or so steeper so it will give your legs a good workout. A bit of scrambling but nothing hard. Great views from the top. Took about 3 hrs 15 min up/back with a 15-20 minute break at the top. Not many people on the path and a few dogs. About 6 miles RT from the road since you can't drive up to the TH

This hike is tough. I hike very often and this was difficult for me. The reward at the top is a beautiful view of the whole valley and it is gorgeous. I very much enjoyed the hike, although towards the end I felt it was more like rock climbing than hiking. It gets very steep about a mile from the top. We timed ourselves and we were up and back in 3 hours and 55 min (with about a 15 min break at the summit).

This is a long-ish trail with a relatively gentle incline. Great for beginner hikers that want to step up their game. It does get a bit tougher near the end with a few scrambles, nothing too technical though.

Would give it 5 stars except it was quite crowded.

We did this later in the evening to get a good sunset view. It was awesome. The lighting right after the sun sets is the best for pictures. The colors come alive. As for the hike itself, it was definitely a good elevation gain. The switch backs aren't bad. And the last mile is pretty spectacular scenery so you don't mind the steeper climb to the top. We had a great time!

This one is definitely not for the faint of heart. I learned the hard way you need to build up to this one if you are a beginning hiker such as myself. Other than that it is a great hike and is beautiful for the last mile or so before the top. Got some great pictures from around the peak. Would definitely recommend for the enthusiast.

O did a track with my husband and his son. Track easy and beautyful images.

Last bit is tougher than I thought it would be. Nice day hike.

Steep trail with great views as you ascend. Not for the faint of condition! Bring water and a snack.

This is an intense hike with lots of steep inclines so make sure you're in good shape. It has a view access pints to the trail head so make sure you come back the way you went up so you don't have to walk on the road back to your car. The view at the top is well worth the climb!

I would rate this as more moderate than hard. I guess it's a little steep near the top, but for the most part is a well graded, excellent trail. In the lower reaches there is quite a bit of shade, not so much near the top. A great peak hike when the higher summits are hiding under snow. A much nicer trail than the route from the W side.

Fairly difficult. Shaded for the first part then pretty open through the summit. Worth doing but you will work. Great views!

Very satisfied with the outcome of this hike! pretty steep, but the view at the peak is gorgeous