Grandeur Peak Trail (West Face)

Grandeur Peak Trail (West Face) is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Salt Lake City, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Grandeur Peak from the west is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from April until October.

A lot of adventuring to be had on this trail. Really close off the freeway and near 3300. Close to millcreek and just a great alternative to do whatever you want because there's a million ways to go and side trails. Picnic tables at the bottom.

This hike is very steep the whole way. You don't need to be in good shape- just need to be touch mentality. I hiked up like a boss and then played the Rocky theme music. :D

clearly marked trail starting in the back of the picnic area just down the canyon from the reception place. The incline is actually very pleasant, steep in a couple places but great scenery the entire way. the summit is still accessible during the winter, however the last push to the top gets a little steep and icy, crampons and trekking poles are recommended.

This hike is awesome! I have been hiking this specific trail for a while now because it is a great workout. It gets easier each time.

nice trail. good views, and not too difficult.

This is a tough, steep trail with no shade. I thought "how long can it possibly take me to hike 2.2 miles? it turns out it can take a good little while when you're climbing 1500' mile. If you're purely out for exercise this is better than being inside on a stairstepper, but for a good time in the mountains I'd definitely recommend driving around to the East side and climbing from there. Much prettier, more reasonably graded trail.

Really great workout with tons of switchbacks to spice up the trail a little bit! It's pretty steep with lots of exposure so get ready to sweat and make sure to bring lots of water and a couple snacks! But well worth it at the top due to the amazing view!

Definitely a good challenge, I set out to run the thing and got maybe half a mile in before I had to start walking the rest to the summit. You can still bomb down though as long as you watch your foot placements. Bring water in summer for sure, I had a full Camelback and cleaned it before I even reached the bottom.

Great workout! I prefer this early fall and late spring given exposure.... Should have MicroSpikes if snow present

I took this route to avoid the crowds on the Millcreek side. It is straight up to the peak, and straight down to your car with no shade. It is not an easy hike, so be prepared and in decent shape. The views of the valley are beautiful as you climb, and once you get to the peak you can see forever in either direction. Only downside is you don't get that "escaping the city" feel on this hike like you would if you launched in a canyon.

I have been hiking for a couple of years and this is now my favorite in the salt lake valley. Very intense and steep. It really is for experienced hikers. I dont get dehydrated easily so I was able to do the entire hike with taking any water but I dont encourage anyone to do that. It still wouldve been nice to have. Scenery is awesome. I did run into a snake hiking up, and also one hiking back down. Please be aware of your surroundings. Especially during this time where snakes love the hot weather.

Great hike to warm up for summer while the bigger peaks are still thawing out. During the summer this hike is so steep and exposed it's not so fun in my opinion. Also, the elevation gain is more like 3300ft if you're doing the standard route from Wasatch Blvd.

Very steep the whole way, made it up in about 2 hours. The views at the peak were very rewarding on the other hand.

Great hike, great views.