Fins & Things Trail

Fins & Things Trail is a 9.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Moab, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Cruise up and down incredibly steep, giant slickrock fins The dominant feature of this trail is its steepness and great traction on the slickrock. Unbelievable fun and fantastic scenery. Best part is between Points 9 and 13. Small fee required to enter. Fee includes map with rules and regulations. Read and follow rules carefully. For information on this trail, contact the Sand Flats Recreation Area at (435) 259-2444. Steep slickrock climbs and descents. Some large ledges have bypasses, but not all. Short vehicles with high approach and departure angles do best, but many stock SUVs are seen on this trail. I'm sure their bumpers drag. The south loop is not recommended for ATVs.

best ever

off road driving

This is a family favorite on our RZR. Great for night rides.

off road driving

Great challenging introduction into the Moab off road experience.

Very good for any type of Mtn. Biker!!

off road driving

This trail is NOT for those who have trouble with looking down on both sides of the Jeep at a drop off while you drive atop a very narrow rock fin.

If you can handle that, you will love this trail as if feels like riding a roller coaster without all the safety devices to keep you from getting hurt.

Have Fun!

off road driving

Love the roller coaster feeling on this trail. One section is only drivable in the day. Worth not skipping this part although you do drive through some campsites so use caution.

off road driving

So much fun, I was only able to complete the first portion of the loop due to weather. If your new to wheeling, I recommend taking someone with you to spot you down off some of the steeper drops. We have a rubicon 4dr 4" lift on 35" tires and I didn't need the lockers or air down, but I did smack my tow hook on the ground so if you have one take it out if you don't want to mess it up. It's a lot of fun and a good solid challenge.

off road driving

So much fun. It's a great trail for your first real off-road adventure with obstacles. Easy to follow. There are tire marks on the slick rock and well as painted stegosauri so you can get lost. I have done this trail in a Jeep, Polaris RZR, and on my dirtbike.

off road driving

This is one of my favorite trails! Plenty of obstacles, awesome scenery, close to town so easy to do with not much time to spend on trail
Great for jeep or hiking

off road driving

Very fun trail! If you have little to no off-road experience, this is a great trail to break yourself in, and even for off-road junkies like me who have done way harder trails, it is still a favorite! I've done it 3 or 4 times now and I really enjoy it, some of the sandstone drops and climbs exceed 30 degrees which makes it feel like you're going straight up or straight down but it is so fun! Being lifted and having lockers is a good idea and as always, going with a group in case of trouble is always recommended!

off road driving

rented a jeep and took it to this trail, was great not too crowded.. definitely need to know what your doing on this trail. There were quite a few spots that were a little nail biting for my fiance..lol. Surprised the rental place recommended that I do this trail with their jeep, could of easily banged it up

Had a great day on the trail as part of Cruise Moab 2009 event. A lot of fun!