Fehr Lake Trail

Fehr Lake Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kamas, UT that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, fly fishing, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible from June until September. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

The trail begins from a turn-out on the Mirror Lake Highway, 31 miles east of Kamas and about 1/4 mile south of Moosehorn Campground. The beginning of the trail is marked with a sign. The trail leads to Fehr, Shepard and Hoover Lakes

Great hike! It was all downhill to get to the lakes, so it was all uphill to get out, but it was not bad. The third lake, Hoover Lake, was the best one. We got to watch an osprey fishing. Other than some noisy people, it was a great day.

Gorgeous hike. Right now the wildflowers are in full bloom. To get the first lake is .5 miles. The trail does have several decent climbs.

Loved this hike. Perfect lakes to let the dogs swim. Careful of the bugs as they are bad right now! For a full write up and guide to this trail check out my blog: http://www.mylifestyletoyours.com/07/2016/guide-to-fehr-lake-trail/
-Heather

Great hike. I highly recommend you keep going to Marshall, Hoover, and Shepherd lakes. Was a little crowded when I went in late August, but once you get past Fehr lake and weed out the weak ones, it opens right up. Dogs loved it.

fly fishing

Great little hike, easy enough for kids. Great fly-fishing for some beautiful brookies. This is a great hike to get away from the road but still be close enough if you need anything.

Nice little lake for short hike

fun easy hike, also recommend going to shepherd, marshell, and maba lakes about a mile farther.

Great trail if you go to the other two lakes after you reach the first lake. Makes the hike longer and easy to have three destinations. Great for my dog he loved the lakes. Looks like a good spot to camp around the third lake as well. Easy going down harder coming back up.

This is an easy, super family-friendly trail in the Uinta Mountains. If you're looking for a more even trail with little change in elevation, this is a good hike. The trail is well established and if you go at the end of July through mid-August, you'll likely see some beautiful wildflowers along the trail.

Enjoyed this hike. Was up on a Wednesday and there were only 2 other cars at the trailhead. It is a short hike to the first lake and is relatively easy. After stopping to fish for about 45 minutes, I continued on to Shepard Lake. The leg down to Shepard is a bit more difficult with much more elevation lost, but is well worth it.

Hiked with our two small children - beautiful morning hike, saw a few others on the trail but not very busy. No one at the lake when we arrived. We just missed the height of wildflower season but I imagine it would be spectacular in July. We continued to Shepard and Hoover lakes.

This hike if for the hiker who doesn't want to hike far at all, but still feel like they are in the middle of nowhere with a lake all to themselves. Me and my buddy hiked this in June 2013 (still had some high level snow in some spots) took is about 15 minutes from the car to the lake. Toddlers can hike this with ease. Fishing was good for us the day we went. Caught 4 brook trout in about an hour. If you go during the week theres a good chance you'll have the lake all to yourselves.

Hiked this today with my wife, daughter and her husband and two grand children ages 1 1/2 and 4 . The trail was easy enough that the 4 year old hiked the entire trail by herself. The hike took us less than a hour to complete. We only stopped at the lake for around 10 minutes

My family camps at Mirror Lake every year. This was the first hike we did that week. Even our 3-year-old joined us. We continued on to Shepard Lake where there is a beautiful small waterfall on the west side. After a rest and some snacks, my wife headed back with our 3-year-old and our 7-year-old. I continued on with my 15- and 17-year old kids to Marshall Lake and then back past Hoover Lake toward Mirror Lake. We bushwhacked back to camp. I'd definitely do this hike again (except for the bushwacking part).