Fairyland Loop Trail

Fairyland Loop Trail is a 7.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bryce Canyon City, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October.

Fairyland Loop Trail begins at Fairyland Point, at the northern portion of the park, and takes you through spectacular hoodoos and scenery along the rim and into the canyon; including a spur trail to Tower Bridge. The Fairyland Loop Trail also includes a portion of the Rim Trail from Sunset Point to Fairyland Point. This hike is considered strenuous due to its length and meandering trails with multiple elevation changes. It is best to carry plenty of water, 1 quart (liter) for every 2-3 hours of hiking per person, as this hike typically takes 4-5 hours round trip over the 8 mile (12.9 km) length. In the summer sun screen or large brim hats are recommended and are even a comfort year round to avoid sunburn.

Awesome hike! Took us four our but we took our time to enjoy the views.

I recommend doing the loop clockwise from Fairyland Point. It ends with some nice flat along the rim that's perfect for trail running. Amazing views the whole 8 miles!

Unbelievable views all along the trail! Don't miss it not very hard, we did it in 1h45 at the sunset, it was amazing!

Challenging in places, because of the "ups and downs" but well worth the effort. A must see !!

Absolute beauty. A great workout, gobsmackingly beautiful views, and breathtaking photo ops. I started this trail at Sunset Point and took it counter-clockwise as advised by a park volunteer. The other option is to start at Bryce Point. I combined hiking/trail running with many stops for photos. The trail has good footing for running and a lot of ups, downs, and curves to keep it interesting.

Tips: Take the quick detour to Tower Bridge. It's worth a look and isn't 200 yards in. Don't be fooled by the social trail that continues on past it.
If you want to shorten it by 1.5 miles, do it between Sunset Point and Bryce Point and get the shuttle to return you to the start.

Bryce Canyon is trippy and this trail is great if you are short on time. If you are visiting Zion make the short drive to BC... Totally worth it.

had the most amazing time on this trail. the views were unbelievable. loved it!!

Nice challenging hike at Bryce Canyon. Great views around every corner.

It was beautiful and peaceful first thing in the morning

Great fun hike! Got some nice uphill action, not too difficult. Started around 8:30 am and the trail was lightly trafficked.

the most beautiful trail I have ever seen! highly recommended, feels like I was on Mars.

I was working in the SLC area for a few weeks and had a weekend off so I drove down for some spectacular hiking as a birthday gift to myself (well there was the stuff I bought at REI). I got down there Friday night after work and camped in the Dixie National Forest (which was an added bonus). I got up early on Saturday morning (temp was 38° F) and hit the trail about sunrise. I chose to start off with Fairyland loop as it was rated difficult. I didn’t find it too difficult and this is a 41 year old, out of shape, overweight person coming from sea level. My GPS stated 9.68 miles in 3hours and 46 minutes. The time included numerous photo sessions, some off the main trail sight-seeing and a general slow walk as to enjoy the surrounding beauty. Collected a few of the “I hiked the Hoodoos” benchmarks and showed the photos at the visitor center for a fabulous prize. Overall great hike.

Difficult but spectacular scenery!

Great hiking experience. The incline can be a little tough at times but if you have four hours, it is a great experience. Would definitely recommend. Beautiful country!

On a windy day, the hoodoos will sing to you!