Fairyland Loop Trail

Fairyland Loop Trail is a 7.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bryce Canyon City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Fairyland Loop Trail begins at Fairyland Point, at the northern portion of the park, and takes you through spectacular hoodoos and scenery along the rim and into the canyon; including a spur trail to Tower Bridge. The Fairyland Loop Trail also includes a portion of the Rim Trail from Sunset Point to Fairyland Point. This hike is considered strenuous due to its length and meandering trails with multiple elevation changes. It is best to carry plenty of water, 1 quart (liter) for every 2-3 hours of hiking per person, as this hike typically takes 4-5 hours round trip over the 8 mile (12.9 km) length. In the summer sun screen or large brim hats are recommended and are even a comfort year round to avoid sunburn.

My sister and I hiked Fairyland Loop in December during a snowstorm, which was a unique experience. It was absolutely gorgeous but quite slippery at the time between the ice and wind. If you are in the area I would definitely check it out, though hopefully with better weather conditions than we had!

See more of my hiking/travel adventures on Instagram @schaefer.cara :)

Absolutely loved this trail. Get up and get out early if you're here in the summer months as it gets very hot. This trail wasn't near as crowded as other trails. There's a lot of up and downs so be prepared.

nice

We only hiked to the Tower Bridge and back from Sunrise Point, but this tied for the best hike of the day (with Queens Garden). Unlike Navajo, a lot of the hike is out in the relative open, meaning you always have a great wide view of the valley. If I had more time I would have loved to continue around the full loop.

I thought this was the most interesting loop in Bryce Canyon. The colors were a bit different than the rest of the canyon and it was also a bit more of a workout. Lots of great photo ops here with the different rock formations.

Very beautiful. Fairyland canyon road is closed so you have to start at sunrise point. We went counter clockwise and only used microspikes, trail was packed snow and easy to navigate.

Very nice hike in Bryce, starting at the top of the canyon and making its way down through all of the hoodoos. Not too difficult, but on the longer side.

We started at Fairyland Point - the Fairyland road was closed and covered with snow, but we walked the extra mile to Fairyland Point. We were able to park our car near the main park road without any trouble.

Also, crampons are a must in the winter due to the snow and ice!

Hard elevation gains esp when finishing the loop so be ready for a big finish out off the trial. Bring plenty of water!!! A strong must do in my book if in Bryce and if you love a good challange .

Awesome hike! Took us four our but we took our time to enjoy the views.

I recommend doing the loop clockwise from Fairyland Point. It ends with some nice flat along the rim that's perfect for trail running. Amazing views the whole 8 miles!

Unbelievable views all along the trail! Don't miss it not very hard, we did it in 1h45 at the sunset, it was amazing!

Challenging in places, because of the "ups and downs" but well worth the effort. A must see !!

Absolute beauty. A great workout, gobsmackingly beautiful views, and breathtaking photo ops. I started this trail at Sunset Point and took it counter-clockwise as advised by a park volunteer. The other option is to start at Bryce Point. I combined hiking/trail running with many stops for photos. The trail has good footing for running and a lot of ups, downs, and curves to keep it interesting.

Tips: Take the quick detour to Tower Bridge. It's worth a look and isn't 200 yards in. Don't be fooled by the social trail that continues on past it.
If you want to shorten it by 1.5 miles, do it between Sunset Point and Bryce Point and get the shuttle to return you to the start.

Bryce Canyon is trippy and this trail is great if you are short on time. If you are visiting Zion make the short drive to BC... Totally worth it.

had the most amazing time on this trail. the views were unbelievable. loved it!!