Emerald Pools Trail

Emerald Pools Trail is a 2.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Springdale, UT that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until December.

A paved trail to Lower Emerald Pool and from there a sandy and rocky trail to the Upper Emerald Pool at the base of a cliff. Trail starts from Zion Lodge, crosses bridge and paved trail leads to the Lower Emerald Pool and waterfalls - there are multiple pools here. From there a sandy and rocky trail climbs to the Upper Emerald Pool at the base of a cliff. Interesting statistic - more people have been killed on this trail than any other trail in the park - even Angel's Landing, so be careful!

Good trail if you are looking for something short and easy or pressed for time as we were on our last day; waterfalls were nice. One of the more popular trails and it was crowded

Only had a couple of hours to hike in Zion. Hiked up to the upper pool with our 16 month old in a hiking backpack. Crowded, but great views and a nice hike overall!

Beautiful hike. I don't think it would be great unless you make it to the upper pool. There are the lower, middle, and upper pools. For me, the only pool that appeared "emerald" was the final one at the top and that was by far the best one. The trail to the first pool is easy, but after that I would rate it moderate. Still beautiful views!

What a nice trail with a beautiful waterfall.

Maybe worth doing if you have lots of time in Zion but if you only have a few days there are significantly better options.

Very crowded, there are definitely better hikes in the park.

Simple little walk with great views...

We did this as a family hike with my 9 and 6 year olds. My little one generally does not like hiking but even she enjoyed the hike to the lower pool (we stopped there)! Easy hike to the lower pool and very pretty with water spraying of the rocks in the spring, which was a hit with the kids!

Great trail with some great views.

Very nice hike for the family. Easy hike to lower pool. The hike does increase to moderate for those that are maybe not in the best shape. My family had no problems hiking to all three pools. Great views. Plenty of places to sit and rest. The upper pool was a good place to relax and have lunch before moving on to harder and longer trails. Highly recommended for all. A great loop hike, that can also be extended by taking the Kayenta trail from the middle pool to the Grotto.

Not a bad little hike. Beautiful views in every direction throughout the trail. Pretty easy for most experienced hikers. The only downside was how crowded it was, particularly at the top where the upper pool is located. Kind of made it hard to enjoy the scenery, so we left shortly after getting there. Most likely more enjoyable on a less busy or crowded day.

Worth a visit, but nothing too spectacular in regard to the waterfalls. Lots of people.

I am late getting this review done by several months. Overall I enjoyed the hike. We had full sun to deal with so it took a little enjoyment away from the experience. The trail is very popular expect to see lots of people on this hike. Easy hike with Marcy Jones May 2015.

Pretty waterfall at the end. Nothing too crazy... a lot of people.

Not bad but it was too busy for my liking