East Fork Wheeler Creek Trail

East Fork Wheeler Creek Trail is a 8.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Huntsville, UT that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The East Fork Wheeler Creek Trail is an easy walk through green meadows, marshes, and scrub oak. Here you will find a multitude of birds, and wildlife including deer and moose. Trail is a natural surface single track. The East Fork Wheeler Cheek Trail is just one of many wonderful recreation trails in the Snow Basin, Ogden Valley area. This trail is popular among hikers, bikers, and horseman alike. It is an easy walk through green meadows marshes and scrub oak. Here you will find a multitude of birds, and wildlife including deer and moose. Due to its proximity to the Snow basin ski resort this trail is also popular for back country skiers and snowshoeing. So no matter what your pleasure or time of year you will find it on the wheeler creek trails.

This is a great trail for a nice, easy to moderate hike. It was very populated, but still fairly easy to navigate. Trail is marked well, however, we did take a "wrong" turn at a fork and ended up shortening our hike by about 2 miles. That was a little disappointing, but it was still a great hike with gorgeous views. My favorite parts were when the trail ran alongside of the river. Such a beautiful sound and serene setting! Would definitely do again if we are ever back in Utah!

great simple trail. saw moose last week.

This is a great little hike, my wife and I strap our 2 year old twins to our bike and head up from the Art Nord parking lot on Old Snowbasin road. We usually hike up to the sign where east fork and middle fork begin (by Green Pond). Expect to see some beautiful mountain views, and don't be surprised if you come across a few deer either, we just spooked up a little four point today. You do share the trail with horses and mountain bikers so be aware and be courteous to them. Most are very courteous and have bells on so you know they're coming up on you. Most importantly have a great time!

It was an easy hike

Stunning views after a gorgeous little river canyon incline. BUT bikers beware, though the trail is rated easy, this does not hold true for mtn bikers. It's moderate to challenging depending on which way you go around the loop. If you head counterclockwise and UP Icebox Canyon it is quite rocky, technical and steep in some sections; far too difficult for the novice or young riders. Clockwise around the loop would be more enjoyable for sure. Also, make sure you make note of each fork so that once on the trail, you can choose correctly -- not all the forks are marked. Enjoy the scenery and watch for hikers when ripping the single track sections.

we loved it!

Trail system is awesome. Nice steady incline great views. Awesome ride.

This was our initial hike after recently moving to Utah. My wife, son and I thought the trail was easy to moderate. Some of the hazards are muddy and slick surfaces and some deep erosion on the trail. Beautiful scenery and lots of deer, elk and moose sign along the way.

Have hiked this trail many times and will hike it many more. Came out on this day for a nice winter hike, was blessed with hard packed snow so was able to keep the snowshoes in the truck.

This is a very nice trail with great views. The ponds and benches along the route are nice way to enjoy the surroundings. This would be a nice place for a family outing and a casual hike. It did have too much traffic for my taste. The amount of Bike traffic alone had us hopping on and off the trail quite a bit. I did have my family and dog with me at the time, which meant looking out for them more than just enjoying the surroundings. The trail above the ponds and across the main road had a lot less traffic, but still quite busy.