Dry Creek Trail

Dry Creek Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Alpine, UT that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and horses and is accessible from February until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Dry Creek is a 3 mile out and back trail located near Alpine, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from February until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Just completed this today with the whole family. Packed up our toddlers on our backs and our older kids, 9 and 10 years old, did great! The trail is rocky but a nice steady incline. Not too slippery for us. You cross a small stream towards the top and we kept mostly to the left. We went off to the left and stopped at the lookout at the end of the hike and you get a great view of Horsetail Falls. Nice views, saw a group on horses on the way. Perfect Saturday getaway!

very nice . a lot of exposure. bring extra water. somewhat steep and rocky so nice

Saw a lot of reviews to stay on the left side of the creek so that's what we did. BE ADVISED if you take this trail to it's end you will run into a dropoff over looking one of the waterfalls. You can climb the big rock formation for a slight view of both waterfalls and the canyon. the left side is definitely more scenic but I believe if you're wanting to get up close and personal you should stick to the right side trail.

my wife and I did this hike with 2 little dogs on leashes. we won't do that again. as others have mentioned...it is rocky and slippery at times. trails are not marked well. the only downside.. we will come back. lots of deer in and around the trail

Beautiful trail! A little slippery though.

Didn't go on the actual Dry Creek trail, but followed the river up the mountain. My dogs loved the water and the scenery was awesome. It looks like there are lots of nice places to camp by the river, but no fires allowed.

Took 4 teenagers with me and we did just fine. Lots of shade, loose dirt and rocks. Slippery in spots. Trail is not marked well, just stay to the left. To the falls and back is 6+ miles total.

Loved the views! Packed a 1yo and a 3yo in with my husband. The trail is a little confusing when you get to the fork. Take the left and just after, there's a little deer trail right to a good spot to look at the falls. We went left, hiked up too high, then had to scale down back to the plateau

Nice hike and really accessible. Definitely a good workout for us. It was about 2.1 miles to the actual Falls. Gorgeous views and lots of shade. Pretty steep and slippery at times. Not for little kids. I would say age 10+..

We liked how quickly we were into the pines.

Part shaded, beautiful scenery, an amazing views of the falls. When you hit the sign about 20 feet from it on the left is the trail to the actual falls. If you have dogs be careful they don't get swept away by the water, it's a fast current.

Very nice hike. Not too busy and enough shade to make a July outing enjoyable.

Awesome hike. If you go all the way up to the falls it's about 2.5 miles- and very steep the last mile or so. But it's worth it. The view is awesome and the falls are big and very pretty!

Beautiful trail. The falls are bigger then I expected. Loved the view of Alpine Valley hiking back.

Beautiful greenery. A lot of the hike was shaded, though a little steeper than I had imagined. Dog friendly! Most people had their dogs off lease which I liked. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because horses do use this trail, and of course there were large amounts of poop all throughout the trail. Which became stinky and unattractive.

Awesome hike and good workout since it was all up hill going up. There's a lot of snowmelt right now causing you to have go through a couple runoff streams. Either wear water proof shoes or be willing to take off your boots and socks to walk through like what I did. It's cold water but felt good!