Dry Canyon Trail

Dry Canyon Trail is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lindon, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cool views. constantly climbing but not the worst.

Deceptively difficult, this is not a "moderate hike." If you follow the path outlined, you can go one of two ways, neither of which is easy.

Taking the south fork up, your path will be less steep to the summit of Big Baldy, but the way down will be very very steep. We had to go down backwards, nearly climbing, using our hands for support. The path down to the west from the summit is extremely steep, with loose dusty gravel and rocks. It's doable, but slow.

Going up the north fork will be an extremely steep ascent, but the descent will be a lot safer. However, that path is more in the shade, so will be cooler and get dark earlier.

In any case, this is one of the more difficult, frustrating hikes I've done, due to the long descent, loose rocky trail conditions, and steep grade coming down. Some awesome views all around, but not one I would do again soon.

good for camping

This hike needs to be considered as hard because it was a very difficult hike to climb, but for those who want to hike Dry Canyon need to pack A LOT of water especially if your bringing your dog because they need water as much as you do. As for little dogs if they're having a difficult time walking bring a backpack big enough to carry your dog. Keep your phones fully charged in case of emergency. Just be safe out there guys.

I love this trail because it takes you right under Mt. Timp and the views are amazing. It's a beautiful little canyon and the hike is medium difficulty for a day hike

Not as easy as I thought it would be but camping in Hidden Valley is incredible. It's amazing how it just turns into a flat, grassy valley in the midst of the mountain.

So... According to my iPhone's health app we went 9.29 miles by staying on this trail... I'm out of shape obviously. This took us more than 4 hours to complete. It is really steep for over a mile. This is definitely NOT EASY...

Beautiful views. Harder than Squaw Peak.

I LOVE this hike. It is a little more difficult, mostly because there is an incline 90% of the way that sometimes gets a little more intense. It is a little dangerous, since you are hiking to the top of a cliff, so taking dogs or small children might not be the best idea unless you plan to carefully watch their every move. It's a beautiful hike at night as well, because once you are on top of the cliffs, you can see much of Utah valley!! I go on this hike lots during the summer! It's a good workout!

It was really hard and steep. Not "easy" as rated by app

love this trail and area.

This hike is not easy as this app rates it. It was hard work. It's steep right from the start and the first half mile only existed do to significant effort by man. The trail is held together by railroad ties and retaining panels. The canyon is narrow with beautiful sheer cliff walls on both sides. Rick slides seem to be active and there are obvious sign of erosion..you probably wouldn't want to be there during a big downpour.
After about 3/4 mile the canyon opens up but remains steep. There are trails everywhere on I actually lost the trail showing the loop on this app. I realized I was headed up Bug Baldy so I turned back. I didn't bring water or a pack do I thought it best. Great hike...beautiful hike. Just a little more than I wanted today. I actually thought it was steeper and harder than Squaw Peak which I summited last week and I didn't go nearly as far. I'll go back again but better prepared next time now that I know what to expect.

Beautiful hike.

Love this place, I would give this 5 stars but gave 4 stars. Because, I hate/scared of snakes and you'll see about 2-4 ft snakes if you go their often. I live less than 5 min drive away from the canyon and hike up to the peaks aka Great Blue Gate often or run south along the Bonneville Shoreline trail. Anyways, short hikes in Dry canyon are mostly steep but not too bad just take some water. But if you go farther make sure to pack more water and some snacks. I've seen deer, snake, wild rabbit, different types of birds and pretty butterflies, etc. Maybe it depends on the time of the day and season whether you see wildlife or not, don't know :)

This trail is very steep right out of the get go. Very pretty scenery. Almost got rained on today! I would recommend it but not for beginners. Bring plenty of water on this trail.