Dog Lake Mill D North Fork Trail

Dog Lake Mill D North Fork Trail is a 4.8 mile out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, UT that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from June until October.

THE SNOW IS HERE! Great snowshoeing, the trail is a little packed, but still a great experience, especially for a first timer! Watch out plenty of cross country skiers on the trail!

Nothing too difficult at all, lots of deep snow this time of year. It was mostly packed down from others on the way up. Will do it again when it's not frozen over!

This was a hard one for me as I don't hike much the snow and was difficult and slippery coming down and going up but this hike was worth it and was one amazing view.

I had planned on doing an easy hike, but accidentally pulled off the road a bit earlier than I should have. This hike was really beautiful, the leaves had changed and the first 2 miles was a steady incline but the last half mile was a little more difficult. It was a great hike even though not the one I originally wanted. I saw 3 deer on the way down.

One of my favorites, mellow with a little steeper section at the end. Easy and quick pit and back when you don't have much time

it was a great hike in. came across some moose on the left side of the trail on the hike in. saw signs of bear activity in the area with some skat but other than that decent hike. My 7 year old was able to complete it with a few stops on the way of course

The place was absolutely beautiful, there was just over populated with flies and they would get on you, we had to stop because it was bothering my partner. People put poop bags on the floor which I'm assuming the cause of flies.

Beautiful hike with a gentle incline most of the way. My hiking partner needed to rest a little throughout the last half mile - it gets steeper. We started the trail around 545am and we could hear the flies but they were not a nuisance that early in the day. Excited to hike the Butler Fork route to this little lake sometime soon.

This is such a pretty hike. There were wildflowers in bloom all along the trail. The last .5 mile or so after the junction for the Desolation trail is the steepest part of the trail. The lake isn’t very big and the closer I got to it, the more annoying the flies became. But it was nice to sit on a log in the shade overlooking the lake and have a snack before heading back down.

Such a beautiful trail with a fair amount of wildflowers, aspens, the sound of a stream most of the way...and many, many bugs (none of them biting, fortunately, just TONS of flies). The trail gets quite a bit of sun between about 10:00am and 3:00pm in the summer, but is perfect for early morning and late afternoon and evening. It's a consistent uphill climb, so you will certainly feel like you're getting your exercise!

The hike was nice, and got steep towards the top. The lake was underwhelming. I had been there going a different way last year and remember enjoying the lake more. I think since we were the only ones there it made a difference. Last time I went I was with someone who had dogs and there were already dogs in the lake so I think it made it more fun.

Great hike. We started from the lower portion of Big Water Trail. It is a little further, but moderate grade and wide trail. Lots of dogs going and coming, so plenty of opportunity for dog socialization. Nice lake at the end where the dogs can enjoy a cool dip. It was a good 2 1/2 hour hike for us and we kept moving pretty good. Depending upon your physical condition and your dog, you might want to plan for 3 hours. Definitely worth the drive to the top of Mill Creek Canyon!

Awesome hike. Pretty steep at the end but a good challenge!!

Dog lake is a great trail. There are beautiful wildflowers in the spring and the lake is also great. It only takes about two hours round trip.

Great hike, beautiful all the way. The last half mile will test your cardio.
Keep your dog at home unless doing the Millcreek side or you got a grand to spend

The trail is absolutely beautiful. Not too steep except for the last 1/2 mile. Went on a saturday afternoon and ran into a lot of hikers and bikers.

When I lived in the area my dog and I would trek up there a couple times each summer. Even if you don't make it to the end it's a gorgeous hike, lots of shade, great over looks. Bring a lunch, bring wading shorts, and have fun!

The trail up to the fork between Dog Lake & Desolation Lake is very nice. It offers partial shade, a beautiful creek and the climb is more gradual than many of the other trails in the area. Once you reach the fork, take the path on the left toward Dog Lake. It's not much further to the lake from here, but the trail does get steeper.