Dog Lake Mill D North Fork Trail

Dog Lake Mill D North Fork Trail is a 4.8 mile out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from June until October.

Love it. Big bang for the buck. Not too crowded except in winter when skiers traverse it.

THE SNOW IS HERE! Great snowshoeing, the trail is a little packed, but still a great experience, especially for a first timer! Watch out plenty of cross country skiers on the trail!

Nothing too difficult at all, lots of deep snow this time of year. It was mostly packed down from others on the way up. Will do it again when it's not frozen over!

This was a hard one for me as I don't hike much the snow and was difficult and slippery coming down and going up but this hike was worth it and was one amazing view.

I had planned on doing an easy hike, but accidentally pulled off the road a bit earlier than I should have. This hike was really beautiful, the leaves had changed and the first 2 miles was a steady incline but the last half mile was a little more difficult. It was a great hike even though not the one I originally wanted. I saw 3 deer on the way down.

One of my favorites, mellow with a little steeper section at the end. Easy and quick pit and back when you don't have much time

it was a great hike in. came across some moose on the left side of the trail on the hike in. saw signs of bear activity in the area with some skat but other than that decent hike. My 7 year old was able to complete it with a few stops on the way of course

The place was absolutely beautiful, there was just over populated with flies and they would get on you, we had to stop because it was bothering my partner. People put poop bags on the floor which I'm assuming the cause of flies.

Beautiful hike with a gentle incline most of the way. My hiking partner needed to rest a little throughout the last half mile - it gets steeper. We started the trail around 545am and we could hear the flies but they were not a nuisance that early in the day. Excited to hike the Butler Fork route to this little lake sometime soon.

This is such a pretty hike. There were wildflowers in bloom all along the trail. The last .5 mile or so after the junction for the Desolation trail is the steepest part of the trail. The lake isn’t very big and the closer I got to it, the more annoying the flies became. But it was nice to sit on a log in the shade overlooking the lake and have a snack before heading back down.

Such a beautiful trail with a fair amount of wildflowers, aspens, the sound of a stream most of the way...and many, many bugs (none of them biting, fortunately, just TONS of flies). The trail gets quite a bit of sun between about 10:00am and 3:00pm in the summer, but is perfect for early morning and late afternoon and evening. It's a consistent uphill climb, so you will certainly feel like you're getting your exercise!