Devils Garden Loop Trail with 7 Arches

Devils Garden Loop Trail with 7 Arches is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Moab, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Moderately easy hike, up to 6 easily reached arches, desert settings. This is a wonderful hike that allows you to see up to six named arches, any one of which would be worth the moderately easy 4 mile hike. The main trail is well maintained, and wide. The first spur trail takes you to Tunnel Arch and Pine Tree Arch. We were lucky enough to share Tunnel Arch with a small herd of grazing mule deer. Next the trail leads to Landscape Arch, which at 306' long is one of the largest natural spans in the world. After visiting Landscape Arch, you begin your only significant uphill climb of the trip. You will walk well below Wall Arch, then climb higher to spur trails to Navajo and Partition Arch. The later offering great views out over the desert. At this point we retraced the main trail back to the trailhead, but you could continue on for an additional 2 1/4 miles for views of Double Arch and Dark Angel.

Beautiful Arches

Best hike in Arches! I would not recommend sleeping in and then going at noon in the middle of July though. Hottest I have ever been!! Bring a map in case, we got a bit lost in the primitive part where there wasn't a cairn around.

Go early!! Great hike

Awesome trail. Very fun once you hit the Primitive Loop. Lots of nice little scrambles...class 2 mostly, maybe some short and easy class 3. Amazing views and just great fun in general. Lots of people on this hike. Bring some water and sunscreen for this one.

Love this hike. I've done it twice now. The first time I did primitive trail at the end. I definitely suggest doing primitive and then on to main trail.

loved it!!

Great way to see some beautiful landforms and arches in a single hike. We hiked to the Dark Angel and started to head back via the primitive trail, but were turned back when rain and grauppel started to slicken the rock. Lightning also created a hazard while scrambling back across the top of the fins. Our favorite was the Double O Arch but the Navaho Arch was quite unique. 6.8 miles in just under 4.0 hours.

We did the loop counterclockwise on the advice of a local. Worked well and meant we climbed the steepest portions instead of butt sliding the rare but tough drops. If you do all the spur trails, I'd plan a full day. Watch cairns carefully. Bring lots of water.

Amazing hike! Go early to avoid the heat, take plenty of water and snacks. Good half day hike. Pay attention to cairns or you can get lost easily.

We loved this hike. We took the full loop including the primitive area. It was challenging and fun. We had lots of water and were glad we did.

Hiked this in July, but turned around halfway due to not bringing enough water. There's some great views on the trail and the landscape arch is great. Got a bit lost on the way to the double-o arch though.

Did the loop back in mid July. New to the desert heat and liked the challenge. Bring plenty of water. Also got my back country permit so I stayed in one of the canyons east of Broken Arch. Even found a developing arch not on the maps with a possible mountain lion den. Bones on the ground of the cave was enough to make me move my campsite. Excellent trail and back country experience. Even witnessed a satellite burning and exploding into our atmosphere.

This is my favorite hike in the park, the best parts are climbing and walking on the sandstone fins. Partition Arch has great views, it was our favorite arch. Great hike all around with challenging but beautiful terrain.

Lots of variety, you can customize what you want to see OR what you think you can do as far as distance, I myself have only gone out to Double O Arch, but just doing that much of this hike was definitely 5 star worthy, all the arches are pretty decent other than Tunnel, not very photogenic. A must do if your at Arches NP, you just need to figure out how much of it you can & want to do