Devils Garden Loop Trail with 7 Arches

Devils Garden Loop Trail with 7 Arches is a 7.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Moab, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Moderately easy hike, up to 6 easily reached arches, desert settings. This is a wonderful hike that allows you to see up to six named arches, any one of which would be worth the moderately easy 4 mile hike. The main trail is well maintained, and wide. The first spur trail takes you to Tunnel Arch and Pine Tree Arch. We were lucky enough to share Tunnel Arch with a small herd of grazing mule deer. Next the trail leads to Landscape Arch, which at 306' long is one of the largest natural spans in the world. After visiting Landscape Arch, you begin your only significant uphill climb of the trip. You will walk well below Wall Arch, then climb higher to spur trails to Navajo and Partition Arch. The later offering great views out over the desert. At this point we retraced the main trail back to the trailhead, but you could continue on for an additional 2 1/4 miles for views of Double Arch and Dark Angel.

Love this hike. I've done it twice now. The first time I did primitive trail at the end. I definitely suggest doing primitive and then on to main trail.

loved it!!

Great way to see some beautiful landforms and arches in a single hike. We hiked to the Dark Angel and started to head back via the primitive trail, but were turned back when rain and grauppel started to slicken the rock. Lightning also created a hazard while scrambling back across the top of the fins. Our favorite was the Double O Arch but the Navaho Arch was quite unique. 6.8 miles in just under 4.0 hours.

We did the loop counterclockwise on the advice of a local. Worked well and meant we climbed the steepest portions instead of butt sliding the rare but tough drops. If you do all the spur trails, I'd plan a full day. Watch cairns carefully. Bring lots of water.

Amazing hike! Go early to avoid the heat, take plenty of water and snacks. Good half day hike. Pay attention to cairns or you can get lost easily.

We loved this hike. We took the full loop including the primitive area. It was challenging and fun. We had lots of water and were glad we did.

Hiked this in July, but turned around halfway due to not bringing enough water. There's some great views on the trail and the landscape arch is great. Got a bit lost on the way to the double-o arch though.

Did the loop back in mid July. New to the desert heat and liked the challenge. Bring plenty of water. Also got my back country permit so I stayed in one of the canyons east of Broken Arch. Even found a developing arch not on the maps with a possible mountain lion den. Bones on the ground of the cave was enough to make me move my campsite. Excellent trail and back country experience. Even witnessed a satellite burning and exploding into our atmosphere.

This is my favorite hike in the park, the best parts are climbing and walking on the sandstone fins. Partition Arch has great views, it was our favorite arch. Great hike all around with challenging but beautiful terrain.

Lots of variety, you can customize what you want to see OR what you think you can do as far as distance, I myself have only gone out to Double O Arch, but just doing that much of this hike was definitely 5 star worthy, all the arches are pretty decent other than Tunnel, not very photogenic. A must do if your at Arches NP, you just need to figure out how much of it you can & want to do

Great fun trail. Have to follow the cairns or lose the trail.

One of the best hikes I've ever done, so different from what we're used to hiking in CO. Be sure to do the back part of the trail that's listed as most difficult. And careful of the heat! Bring lots of water.

rock climbing

Excellent. Go during sunset and take head lamps for the hike out.

Devils' Garden early in the morning - great hike while temperature is still manageable and kids well rested. Nice hike with views, Landscape Arch and Double O well worth the effort. Some hiking and rock climbing, but even our 6yo did well. We also saw a snake on the trail!

Soooo beautiful!!!! Endless breathtaking canyon views and red rock formations! Hard hike. Several steep rock scrambles. Not for height averse. Very hot in mostly sun. We hiked in June 101 degrees and easily consumed 3 liters water. We were not used to the elevation being from the East Coast and moved very slowly to enjoy the views. Highly recommend !!!!!!

Great hike! Make sure you bring plenty of water - at least two liters per person. My brother and I didn't bring quite enough and we're still trying to re-hydrate days later!