Deuel Creek Centerville Trail

Deuel Creek Centerville Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Centerville, UT and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Short hike up and back along both sides of Centerville creek Centerville Deuel Creek hike is a pleasant hike up Centerville canyon. Unlike so many other canyons, on the Deuel creek trail you can hike up the canyon on one side of the creek and back down on the other. The distance from trail head to where the trails meet is about one mile from there you can continue up the canyon for quite some distance, return on the same trail or follow the other trail down the opposite side of the creek. Deuel creek trail is maintained be the Centerville Parks and trial committee who have done a wonderful job restoring and improving this scenic trail.

Overall a pretty great hike. The rope swing is a cute idea. Me and my dog kept going after that. Got probably 30 minutes past that and wasn't sure how much farther it went. But the sun was beginning to set and I wasn't prepared with flash lights so we had to turn around. A moderate rated hike at the beginning (entered on the north side so it was very hot and no shade until we got into the canyon) also, getting down to the waterfall was not easy. Very muddy and my dog struggled a bit.

Rope swing is awesome. My 6 year old loved it. Short hike but steep and rocky. Take your time and see the beauty.

Loved the rope swing!

Did this hike on Labor Day. There were a ton of people on the trail (as to be expected given the holiday). The rope swing was great for the kids and the south side of the trail provides a great deal of shade. Would definitely go again but on a weekday.

Did the South trail in and back out after reading all of the reviews and very happy we did. Shady and the trail runs along the creek, very pretty. We continued for a mile or so after the rope swing (the kids loved that!) and ran into the waterfall. Only saw a few people our entire hike which we loved!! Not as busy as a lot of the other hikes we've done around here.

Great hike! was a little confused at first to where this hike starts since there are no signs on the road till your right in front of the actual hike. At the end of the paved road you have an option of going left or right to continue on dirt roads along with private property signs everywhere. Take your car to the right direction and follow it up taking a slight left at a fork where it loops up and back and follow till you find a small dirt parking area and and you will see a sign for Deuel creek south start, Yay! From here the rope swing is about 45 minutes in the hike and continue another 30 mins till you reach the actual waterfall. To the the waterfall the hike was 1hr and 20 mins almost 5 miles total in and out but not quite. Very good hike, lots of tree coverage.

Great hike. We saw a tarantula and a rattle snake in the middle of the lower section of the trail. Kinda surprised we saw them because they were hiding under a branch from a bush that was reaching out over the trail.

Loved the rope swing! Nice and shaded the entire trail, and hiking beside the stream helped keep things cool. A nice hike for a hot summer day. Tons of fresh raspberries for the picking- but we went a couple weeks ago. I get worried about the heat for my little jack Russell terrier, but he stayed cool and happy between the shaded trail and playing in the water.

Made it to the water fall. It was worth it!

Took South Trail: ideal! The rope swing was a hit, something to encourage the hikers! Not sure where the waterfall was, unless it was a tiny one that we thought may have been it. Hiked a mile past the swing but never saw another waterfall. Any ideas?

We went up the north trail head and that was a BIG mistake. Steep, uphill all the way and no shade or water or view. We came down the south side and it was heaven- right along the water, shade the whole way and beauty. The rope swing is straight ahead about an extra mile when you come to the fork. Next time we'll start on the south side for sure!

South trail was very fun. Moderately difficult for steepness and for rocky trail portions. Shady all the way to a rope swing. About an hour and a half round trip.

Hike might have been cool. Don't bring smaller dogs, especially to the north end. I have two Boston Terriers and they usually do really well. They crapped out before I even got to the "good" part of the hike. Very steep and hot.

True the North entrance is hot and boring but once you get in the canyon it is beautiful! the paths are clean and well defined but I never say any signs except at the entrance ....I thought I was following the same path down but ended up exiting at the South end...so I had to walk down the gravel road to my car. Not sure where I got on the other trail. it would be nice to have some markers to know where you are on the trail. I thought the trail was rather difficult bit my dog thought it was a piece of cake!

I took my two boys (6 and 7) and we loved this trail! We started around 7:30pm on a Friday night and got back about 9:30, just as the sun was setting. It's a fantastic hike with a fun rope swing to play on. It's shaded almost the entire way with lush foliage and even some raspberry bushes along the way. Highly recommended!!

This is definitely my new favorite trail. stunning and not to difficult...I have emphysema and I did it. I'll take my two dogs next time.

We packed our two children up to the mountain swing. We started from the North Trailhead. I'm used to steep SLC hikes, so I didn't think the North side was too bad. South side is definitely shadier, cooler (next to the stream) and less elevation. When we do it again we will stay on the South side.

The trail was great until we ran into poison ivy and had to turn around. No way was I taking any chances!