Dead Horse Rim Loop Trail

Dead Horse Rim Loop Trail is a 5.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Moab, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Dead Horse Point State Park is located high on the rim of the Colorado River Canyon, north west of Moab, UT. It offers some of the most spectacular views in the Moab area. There is an excellent hiking/mountain biking loop trail that follows the canyon rim, for more great views. If you are looking to recreate in some of the most scenic country the Moab area has to offer, Dead Horse Point State Park is an excellent choice. Whether mountain biking the Intrepid Trail system (No Dogs Allowed), hiking along the rim trails (Dogs allowed) or just driving to the main overlook, the views are sure to please you.

Pretty easy hike with great views. We went in the winter and found it pretty easy to navigate for the most part. Just looked for the cairns when we started to get lost at any point.

Did this on Thanksgiving day. Not a lot of people around, weather was great and we had a great time. Bring plenty of water & sunscreen, even in the winter time.

Most of the rim is railed. My heart stopped when my 2 year old ran head of me and I realized that particular section did not have a rail with a 5000 + foot drop off. The weather was perfect in November. I'd love to visit again

great easy 4 to 5 mile loop. amazing overlooks!

Absolutely incredible views with nice flat hiking. It can, will, and does get hot. But it's worth the heat and magnificently beautiful.

Easy hike, amazing views on a sunny day in July! Hot, bring water. Cool park on the way to Canyonlands. We stayed in a yurt in the park to escape camping for a night, pretty cool.

great loop to cut your teeth on in moab. this would be my workout fun trail if I lived out this way. it will be very challenging to brand new mountain bikers. but was fine for a guy like me from the Midwest.

Easy, high traffic, great views!

Great hike, started at the campgrounds and did the loop.