Days Fork Trail

Days Fork Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Salt Lake City: Follow Big Cottonwood Canyon Road (7000 South Wasatch Blvd.) about 9.7 miles up the canyon to Spruces Campground. The trail begins from the west loop of the campground on the south side of the road.

Very strenuous snowshoe hike. Mostly uphill but when you come back it's nice and easy since you are waking down. All the trees were covered in snow which was beautiful. Saw mostly skiers hiking up and coming down so you need to be careful in the winter.

Really enjoyable hike. Didn't see any other hikers until the fork to the mine. Checked out the mine which was cool but not necessarily worth the time. After reaching the Big/Little Cottonwood ridge line, continued along the ridge East to Davenport Hill. Definitely worthwhile to make the extra 3/4 mile hike along the ridge. Views of Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons and Alta are amazing. If you want to make a loop of the hike, there is a fork along the ridge line that takes you down to the Silver Fork trail.

It's a quiet trail. Didn't see anyone else. It starts out like a gravel atv trail then keeps going up, steeper then I expected dirt trail. We made it just over a half mile in where we found the trail over grown and lots & lots & lots of bees swarming so we turned around.

There were no other people on this trail. It was lush, green and shaded. I only went as far as the first meadow. I wish I had worn long pants for the parts of the trail that were overgrown and because of the ever biting flies.The jagged mountain view from the meadow was very nice. It was worth the climb.

Very cool, it's worth it to go all the way up!

This was a fantastic hike until the end. I went up mid-June, but lost the trail in the snow! I'll try again later in the season! Even though I didn't make it all the way, the scenery was spectacular and I got out of the hot valley!

Great nearly empty trail while the whole world was hiking nearby Donut Falls on Memorial Day '16. Steep at first, we only hiked to the meadow, about 1.5 miles, less than 1000 feet. Trailhead is in Spruces campground, park out on street outside ski season, walk into campground, I would assume it's free to enter the campground to use this trail. Don't pay the $8 day use fee to park in the campground, you'll only save a few steps. Great hike for campers already in a site at Spruces.

The trail climbs steeply for the 1st mile then less steep for the next 2 miles. Then when you get to the upper basin the trial divides with the right fork going to a mine and then a pass overlooking Alta. The left fork the one we took climbs steeply to first a great view of the head of Silver Fork. if you continue another 1/4 mile you get an amazing view from upper Little Cottonwood Canyon clear down to Thunder Ridge.