Colorado River Scenic Byway: Moab to Interstate 70

Colorado River Scenic Byway: Moab to Interstate 70 is a 44 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Moab, UT that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and is accessible year-round.

44.0 miles Point to Point

scenic driving

Awesome drive, fantastic scenery. Take 128 rather than 191 , it's well worth the few extra minutes.

scenic driving

I have been on both ends of the scenic drive at various times but miss a few miles in the middle. Love the Fisher Towers area

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. If you come to Moab you have to do this drive

scenic driving

Took this road off of I-70 for our recent vacation in Moab. As we were staying in Castle Valley it was the right road to take. As we entered the Canyon my wife and I were held breathless by the view. Neither of us had seen anything like this before except in pictures. We had to stop several times to take it all in. It's also where we launched for kayaking the Colorado River later in the week.

scenic driving

Beautiful area. Moab and surrounding area is so geologically unique, and you get great views of that along this route.

scenic driving

We have driven on this road countless times. But every time I still enjoy it.
Except on cold winter days when it can be slick with ice.

scenic driving

Colorado River Scenic Byway: Moab to Interstate 70 is a 44 mile trail located near Moab, Utah. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and is accessible year-round. The primary route is hwy 128, east out of Moab.

scenic driving

Very scenic drive! Fisher Towers, The Dewey Bridge, and rafting put-ins, as well as campsites are on Hwy 128.

scenic driving

took it out of Moab after a rafting trip. Awesome views, very much worth the trip.

scenic driving

Very pleasant drive and scenic view of the Colorado River. Gorgeous country. Added plus, it doesn't cost you any drive time if you are headed east on I-70 out of Moab.