City Creek Canyon

City Creek Canyon is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, UT that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from January until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

To clarify the description, there are two parallel paths here: The paved road, which is open to cars on even days, bikes on odd days, but always to pedestrians, (and is heavily used - If you walk/hike/run on the road, make sure you stay creekside (like all the huge signs tell you)), and the trail, which is just uphill to the NW. The trail still sees a lot of traffic, but not as much as the road. There are several places to access the trail - just look for any trail going uphill away from the creek and it should take you there. Dogs aren't allowed past the water treatment plan, roughly where the trail ends. Cycling is very nice all the way up 6 miles to Rotary Park. The nicest thing about the trail is that it gets more shade then most of the other trails in the area. The road is nice in that it puts you right next to the creek.

Paved road. Didn't see any indication of where the trail ends.

Did this a few years ago. Great for all ages

Nice and easy walk on paved road up City Creek trail with dog on leash. Great for strollers and bikes. Would do it again if looking for a short and easy hike.

Easy, paved trail along a beautiful creek. You can take the trail as far as you'd like; I only reached the 3.5 mile marker (after walking past some not-so-pretty government buildings), but the maps show the trail continuing for miles past that. Lots of picnic benches and pit toilets. I hiked around 7 am and it was nice and cool.
As I was leaving, an officer arrived and put out a sign stating that bikers were not allowed through August, if I remember correctly. However, before the officer arrived, there were a few bikers on the trail.
If you're nervous about wildlife, there were signs posted warning about recent black bear and cougar sightings.

it was awesome if you're in shape. I brought some of my friends along and they struggled a bit

Probably my favorite trail to mountain bike; its paved, well maintained, and moderately trafficked, excellent for beginners, plenty of places to stop and rest and follows along the creek.

My dog loves the water so we hike around this area all the time. Nice and shady and pleasant, but pretty heavy traffic.

I actually jog on the road most of the time so I don't have to think about where my feet are. I love running out here. it's a climb, but managable (and I am no world class athlete by any stretch of the imagination). During the warmer months, there is a water fountain about every 1/2 mile as well as pit toilets, which is awesome during long jogs or in the summer. There are usually people at the start of the jog, but often after a mile - I don't see anyone else or just a bike or two. Love it!

This is a nice, fun hike. I loved the view from the top. I usually hike on the east side so it's fun to look at the valley from the north! It's very beautiful and green up there right now!

P.s. This trail is a heavy mountain biking trail so be sure to be aware of bikers coming up or down.

Love taking my dogs here but it's nothing to brag about

I grew up in the little yellow house that used to be right inside the gate at city creek. This is my favorite place to take my son for a walk/hike!