Centerville Canyon Trail

Centerville Canyon Trail is a 2.6 mile out and back trail located near Centerville, UT and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful Canyon Along Centerville creek Davis County in Northern Utah contains some of the greatest hiking trails found anywhere in the country. Nestled between View Mont peak and Centerville peak is a Beautiful canyon. Suitable for a day hike or a weekend camp. The Trail is excellent and you will find several nice camp or picnic spots where you can enjoy the soothing sounds of Centerville creek as it meanders its way down the canyon. To begin your hike you will climb up a fairly steep trail for the first .25 mile, then you will drop into the canyon where you will enjoy a shady hike among the scrub oak and some evergreens. There are some creaky bridges for you to cross the creek as you work your way up the canyon.

Love this trail

The waterfall was beautiful and the dogs loved it!

One of my favorite trail up north, it's not busy at all.

This was a beautiful, shaded hike that runs by the creek the entire way. 5.2 miles if you go up to the waterfall and back... which is worth it. the rope swing over dirt (which the kids love) is maybe half way to the waterfall. the trail marker actually says Deul Creek South. a guy in the parking lot said this trail is much better then the North trail.. easier and shaded. it's still a hefty hike! there were lots of kids on the trail, in fact that was the worst part- it's pretty busy, especially up to the rope swing! the trail is narrow so letting people constantly pass, was annoying. it's busy cause it's beautiful!

This is a beautiful trail! We stayed on the south side in the shade. The swing is about the half way mark. It's well marked so we didn't get lost. I'd do this again and take grandkids to the swing.

Super fun hike. Way fun to run down the trail on the way back. You slowly gain elevation so the hike is not bad at all

There are some hidden gems there. Been there countless times. We got married in this Canyon.

ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS HIKE

This trail is great for scenery, shade and a little fun on the swing. My daughters and I ran to the top and back, and took a break at the swing.

I love this hike

Love this trail. I went with Scouts and it was great.

I love this trail, I love taking my dog with me too, but the only problem is all of the brambles. If you bring your dog up you might want to think twice about it if they have a fluffy or even slightly shaggy coat. My poor dog gets herself all tangled up in those suckers, but it's a great hike.

So gorgeous along the creek. Trail is quite narrow on the North side. A bit hard to find but it starts behind the North Deuel Creek trailhead sign. Several fireplaces along the way with log benches and bridges.

All the negative reviews are just people that went to the wrong place. Go straight up Parish lane in centerville and take a left up this narrow road to a dirt parking lot. From their take the trail head to the firebreak road and head north to a bridge. On the north side of the bridge there's a pretty discreet trail head in east up the canyon. Trail is pretty run down for the most part, but there's some stellar views. Eventually you get to this point where a tree on the north bank is growing out of an alcove and it appears the trail is over but it's not!! DONT MISS THE BEST PART! Take the low way and climb up some rocks or shimmy along the boulder cause there's petroglyph stuff on the other side!! Anyway, one of my favorite short jokes. Nice homie feel and unique art.

Lost. No indication of where trail is or starts or ends. Super steep climb in car. Waste of time.

If you head east on 100 South in Centerville you will eventually come to a dirt road. Take a right, then continue until the road forks and go left. You'll see a dirt parking lot at the trail head.

We do this hikes a couple times a year, it's great for families and dogs. There's a creek the entire way and the farthest you can go is about three miles to a nice waterfall, although few go there. Make sure to check out the rope swing about a mile in and watch out for potential poison ivy.

Overall this is a simple and fun trail for a couple hours of adventure!

This is a fun little hike. Took my 9 year old son and he did great. There's a few spots where I worried, like when the trail goes over a very rocky portion, but we took our time and he did fine. We went up the south side.

Same as Deuel Canyon trails. Favorite close place to go.