Cecret Lake Trail

Cecret Lake Trail is a 1.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Alta, UT that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until September.

A wonderful family hike to beautiful alpine lake in the Little Cottonwood Canyons Albion Basin This is a very short hike to a beautiful alpine lake in the Albion Basin region near Alta and Snowbird Ski Resorts. This area is very popular on summer weekends so parking may be difficult. Take the time to relax at the lake and take lots of photos of your family with the mountains as a backdrop. Please note that there is extremely limited parking in the basin. You may have to park at the base facility area, and access Cecret Lake from the Albion Meadows trail.

Beautiful hike. Road to trailhead was closed so it was an extra 2 miles to get to the actual trailhead. I started at 9:30 and there were few people on the trail.

Insanely short and insanely easy. It's a small lake but it is beautiful. The drive alone to the top is pretty enough! No dogs.

Beautiful scenery, LOTS of hikers on Sunday. Try to go during the week. Trail was pretty muddy from melting snow 10/23/16.

Beautiful alpine lake, worth the time and effort. Although this is a short hike, it can be a challenge for the very young or older hikers. The last stretch is steep, so young and old should take it slowly. You will be glad you did it.

Hiked to Cecret lake last weekend. It was beautiful! The hike was a little steep towards the end of the trail right before you get to the lake but our older kids managed it just fine. We packed our toddlers on our backs and my husband and I made it too! Gorgeous views along the way. This was my sons favorite hike so far. Would do it again.

So, I went early to avoid crowds. Great time too go !! Hardly anyone there. The trees are absolutely stunning this time of year and the hike was quick and easy. I did end up loosing the trail at first which made it a bit challenging to get up the cliff , however I found it easily on the way down. Was a bit unprepared so I didn't explore as much as I would've liked. Definitely want to go back before it snows.

Tried to hike this twice now, both at the end of May. Had to park in Alta and hike to the trail head because the road to the campground is still closed that time of year. I've never actually seen the lake because the snow has been too high and the trail isn't marked well. Who knows, maybe I've stood on it both years and had no idea. Or maybe it's called "Cecret" lake because it doesn't really exist. It's a trick.

I did a track with snow and not have much difficulty. The place is beautiful.

very busy but still a great little hike.

It's a fun little hike, I've done it a few times, one was in the snow. If you hike in the snow, you'll probably start early where the road is blocked off, and it is 7.5 miles out and back, otherwise it is quite short. It is fun.

Short and easy. It's pretty busy though

Beautiful beautiful beautiful