Butler Fork to Gobblers Knob Trail

Butler Fork to Gobblers Knob Trail is a 7.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Nice views from the top. Climbed the alternate route from Millcreek Canyon

beautiful. difficult.

Tougher than expected. I think of this one in three parts - steep first 1/2 mile, flatter middle section, steep climb together the peak. Had a great time, and it's a beautiful hike. I agree with the other reviews that the 7.6 round trip seems short.

Excellent hike.

Totally not a hike to do after a long day of work, really strenuous. Not a lot of breaks, I found there was a lot of false peaks but BEAUTIFUL. So worth it, just be prepped for a long one.

SOOO beautiful!!! Hiked up earlier this morning and made it about 1/4 mile past the Gobblers Knob/Dog Lake sign junction heading up towards Dog Lake. Had to head out prematurely due to an electrical storm quickly coming in on us.

The first 1/4 mile off the trailhead is STEEP!!! Wowza, after that, its a gentle uphill grade.

Really enjoyed it and got in a solid hour of a hiking workout in the beautiful forest!

Gorgeous hike. The trail just got widened. If you hike in the morning you will stay on the shadow side of the mountain the whole hike and it's nice and cool.

beautiful hike! lots of flowers, butterflies, hummingbirds... and lots of biting flies. I questioned whether i would do this hike again based on the bugs. I literally was picking them out of my hair. 100%deet bug spray didnt save me from being bit. It was BAD. Dont wear shorts, wear sleeves if you can. start early. it gets hot up there and theres stretches without Any cover. I decided id hike this again, but im going to invest in a bug screen hat.

Beautiful hike, lots of wild flowers and great views. I would recommend taking plenty of water and an early start as afternoon is quite hot.

Great hike. But there are tons of biting flies right now.

awesome trail with amazing views of both big cottonwood canyon and millcreek canyon.

Hike was more difficult than moderate for me but not too bad. Going slow we hit a lot of flies along the trail and that was not fun. But overall it was a beautiful hike especially once you emerged from the tree line (and out of the flies). The view from the peak is an amazing 360 panorama of the different valleys and canyons. I read on different sites as well as Alltrails that it was a 3.6-3.8 (7.8 round trip) miles to the peak, however using the app to calculate distance it showed us at 4.8 when we hit the top. It's quite the climb with a few spots of reprieve flattening out the trail.