Buffalo Point Trail

Buffalo Point Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Syracuse, UT that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, horses, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Provides view of The Great Salt Lake and Antelope Island. Trail gives great view of island wildlife. Bison, owls, antelope, and deer can be seen from this trail. park benches are located along the trail side. Trail is located at the Northwest Quadrant of the Island. Provides view of The Great Salt Lake and Antelope Island. Trail gives great view of island wildlife. Bison, owls, antelope, and deer can be seen from this trail. park benches are located along the trail side.

Nothing special. Pretty easy hike, I do like the views of the west side of the lake and there are some cool rock formations on top.

;)

Good hike :-)

Great views along this trail. Easy enough for the whole family, but opportunities for scrambling at the end for the more adventurous.

Great views from the top of the hill, great for kids!

This is a super easy and short hike. I went with my 7, 5, and 2 year old and they all hiked up by themselves. There are several benches that are easily accessible to resting if needed.

We were lucky enough to be able to see a group of buffalo the entire way up. Spectacular views from the top. We did this hike in late January and couldn't have asked for a more beautiful view with the mountains capped with snow.

Exceptionally beautiful short trail with spectacular views of the Great Salt Lake and mountainside.

The view from the top provides beautiful sunrise and sunsets. I've seen bison just about every time I've gone to this trail. It's pretty buggy in the summer, but breezy/windy days clear the bugs quickly.

Closer to 1 mile round trip. Little steep in some parts, but very manageable. Awesome views. No shade on this exposed trail. Few benches along the way and some wildlife. Saw lizards and a rabbit. Cool photo ops at top.

Probably more of a moderate hike if you are bringing kids along. No real shade, so early morning is best. Impressive views of the Great Salt Lake that were worth both the hike and the park admission. Plenty of wildlife visible on or near the trail including lizards, rabbits, various birds, and bison.

How to Get There: Take I-15 and take the Antelope Drive exit and follow the signs for Antelope Island. Once on the island, follow the road to the right. When you come to a sign for Bridger Bay Campground,take a slight left. Follow the sign for Buffalo Point. The beginning of the trail is right behind the building halfway up the hill.

This was a very picturesque hike. The views of the entire valley are amazing! I rated this hike a 4 because it was a little difficult to find (hence the directions) and because there were a lot of bugs. While they didn't bother me, they drove my 7 year old crazy. This beginning of this trail is a little steep, but my 4 and 7 year old made it to the top pretty well. We drove on pretty much every road on the island and I couldn't believe how big it was. A great hike, I'm excited to try some of the other ones on the island.

Short, pretty steep trail that leads to some great views of the Great Salt Lake. Fun hike. Saw some buffalo along the way.

I hiked this trail last night (mid April) at around 5:30 pm. It was a nice quick hike and I'm sure the view would have been great at the top of we could have seen it... There was a massive cloud of tiny biting flies that started about 30' from the top. We walked through them to the top, but only stayed for about .25 seconds before we booked it back down. These little bites aren't bad at all on an individual's basis, but when you go through a swarm of them it makes for an unpleasant hike. Maybe there aren't as many at a different time of year or earlier in the day??

Great short hike and definitely kid friendly. Great views.

This trail is a short one with an amazing view of the great salt lake. If you can stick around for the sun set, it can be pretty breathtaking. I didn't see a ton of wildlife when I went in late February, but I did still catch buffalo up close, a coyote from the far, and a few birds. All in all this trail was definitely worth the visit.

The views are great from this trail. Dogs need to stay on a leash and there is absolutely no shade so take plenty of water (you will spend a little time at the top). The views are excellent from the top and the trail is fairly easy to climb. There are some excellent rock piles up top to take pictures on with the lake behind you. Perfect for photo ops and made for a wonderful trip.

Good short trail .80 miles on the Northwest Quadrant of the island with a minimal elevation gain. Beautiful view of the Great Salt Lake. No shade so start trail when its cool.