Buffalo Peak Trail

Buffalo Peak Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Provo, UT that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until October.

This was a really fun short hike for the whole family. The trail was nice and there was a steep climb towards the end but totally worth it! The views were incredible of Utah Lake and the valley! There were several areas set up for campfires, something we will be back here to do next time. When you are driving up you hit a gravel road which is bumpy and takes a good 20 minutes until you hit the trailhead which is on your right. Our mid sized crossover made it up there just fine and we saw a lot of non 4WD vehicles up there as well so don't worry! Great hike, definitely will do this again!

This was a relatively easy trail, except for the very end where it gets pretty steep. The terrain at the end also can be a little slippery. But overall, this is an easy trail you could knock out in less than an hour. The views are absolutely stunning.

Great, short and beautiful hike!

Gorgeous views! A bit steep in places for out-of-shapers; that is mostly at the end

Great hike to do with all ages! Gorgeous views!

Fun easy hike with a great view of Utah valley.

Great hike went with my 7 year old and 10 month old. Just wish it would of been a bit longer it was a lot easier than I expected but overall beautiful hike with great views of the valley.

Best way to enjoy this hike is to do the 4 mile loop, starting at the Squaw Peak Overlook, where you go behind one way and enjoy the view of the valley the other. There is a much shorter version starting just past Hope Campground if you want a quick jaunt. Great for families.

One of the most beautiful hikes in Utah County that's considered "easy" - the loose rock & steep ending compare to the Y not hard at all (& I'm a baby) also the views are out of this world - there's one stopping point but keep going up & then it looks like it stops again - keep going - you'll thank me! The only downside to this hike is the dirt road for 2.7 miles... I have a little car that barely survived it... I'd actually consider walking the dirt road and then doing this hike next time....

Nice short hike to give the kids a taste for views. We led four of our kids (and carried the fifth) to the summit and let them enjoy the satisfaction of reaching the top of a peak. We went in the fall a few years ago, and we frequently point out the peak as we drive along I-15. This is a great hike for non-hikers.

Really short hike but so pretty!

I went in mid-June and it was beautiful. Lots of flowers, and pretty short. There are some areas that would be great for camping as well.

We started the trail lower so we could hike a bit longer (2.2 miles round trip) and then merged onto the main, short, buffalo peak trail. It was quiet and peaceful until the merge. Gradual ascent until the end which was pretty steep, but the kids handled it fine. There is little shade and it was hot. I read the reviews to bring bug spray and dismissed them. I swear all reviews say it and it had never been a big deal. WRONG. Bring bug spray!!! That was the biggest complaint from the kids, not the heat or the steep climb, but the bugs. I left with three huge swollen bites on my leg.

Beautiful hike, the flowers and the view were amazing. It was pretty easy so no complaints at all

We loved it! Beautiful flowers and amazing views! Very easy hike, great for our young kids. A little tough at the end but very doable. Enjoy

Great hike! like the other reviews said it is easy but a little tougher at the end with some loose rocks. Great views throughout the hike! Even saw a few horny toads :)

Nice and easy. Little push at the end. The wildflowers were amazing. Make sure to wear bug spray.

Pretty easy hike with a great view. Did run into a rattle snake so heads up.

In a few more days the wild flowers will be incredible.

Such a great day hike. Pretty Easy climb except for the last part it becomes a little steep, but not to bad. the views are great as well.