Buckskin Gulch Trail

Buckskin Gulch Trail is a 16 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Kanab, UT that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

16.0 miles 1141 feet Point to Point

Directions from Kanab: Access to the Buckskin Gulch Trailhead is via U.S. 89 in Utah between Kanab and Page.

Just amazing. Took wire pass trail and turned right on to buckskin for another 2 miles. Wanted to go further and I plan to be back.

Hiked this from the Buckskin Trail Head to where the Wire Pass Trail joins. Exited at Wire Pass Trail head. The first part of the hike follow the river with frequent crossings so hiking sandals are a plus. After a while you start hiking in the river. Then the canyon narrows and become a slot canyon for many miles with only a couple of entrance/exits. Wire Pass is the first exit which is the one we took. Ankle deep water was so cold in February that I wished that I hadn't forgotten my neoprene booties. Want able to hitch a ride back to the car at Buckskin Gulch from some kind photographers.