Brighton Lakes Trail

Brighton Lakes Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until August.

6.9 miles 2014 feet Loop

Elevation gain 680 feet to Twin Lakes Reservoir. Major destinations include Twin Lakes Reservoir, Silver Lake and Lake Mary. Trail junctions include Twin Lakes Trail, Alta-Brighton Trail and Lake Mary Trail The Brighton Lakes Trail is a connecting trail between Twin Lakes Reservoir and the Lake Mary Trail. The trail offers a panoramic view of the peaks that surround the Brighton Bowl.

took the lake Mary, Martha, and Catherine hike and enjoyed it every step of the way. Gorgeous views.

I ran the Alta-Brighton Loop this morning, with a Lake Solitude add on. This loop included the Brighton Lakes route. It is always a pleasure to run this route. And the Brighton Lakes are Beautiful, even when Lake Mary has been drained (like today)

Lovely hike. Started at the base next to the chairlift. Initially was concerned we would would be surrounded by lifts, but quickly ascended to some lightly forested areas. Lakes were pretty, although low this time of year (August).

We took the spur up to Sunset Peak which was a good workout, but doable. It was strenuous at points! Spectacular view from the top.

From there you can come down and complete the loop or make it an out and back if fatigued.

We began this hike close to 10:30 am and finished around 3:00 pm with a trek all the way out to Sunset Peak and tens of stops to see all the moose! The trail was pretty jam packed at first up the ski resort and I was nervous it was going to be like that the whole way, but once we hit the first lake the traffic had very much died down and it was peaceful all the way up to the top. We saw six moose on the trek and thousands of wildflowers. One of the best trails I've hiked thus far in UT!

We absolutely loved this hike!! I took my 14 yr old and 9 yr old and it was a great hike for them. The views were GORGEOUS at every turn! We saw momma and baby moose and a bull moose! The temps were amazing compared to the high heat in the valley! Take mosquito repellent as they are pretty vigorous by the lakes. Go all the way to Catherine...it's totally worth it!! I will do this hike a couple of more times this summer for sure!!

Didn't make it to the 4th lake, just up to Catherine and back down, but loved it! Had the lake all to myself and had a snack, and on the way down I saw a moose at the 2nd lake. Pretty hike! Nice escape from the 100 degree weather in the valley yesterday

Excellent hiking that offers a variety of terrains. All 4 lakes were gorgeous. Trails were not busy. And it was a loop! Wish more trails were loops. We loved this and will do it again.