Box Elder Creek Trail

Box Elder Creek Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mantua, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible from April until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

A secluded area that is full of moose and deer. This trail will lead to the trail that takes you to Pete's Cabin.

nice hike, lots of shady spots along the way, saw some wild turkeys- nice small creek, gate at entrance means we were not swarmed by recreational vehicles :-)

I'm not a hiker but i want to be. I've walked the Pleasant View trail 3 times and so i thought WTH try a moderate one. This kicked my butt and i loved it. So beautiful. I got 3 miles up all the quads turned around when the hit snow, nope kept going. Next time hit snow turn around...lol Still had fun tho, learned how to get out of hip deep snow.

The entire loop trail is about 5.5 miles long and is a great hike. I would recommend taking the road straight south until it turns into a regular hiking trail. After about 1 1/2 miles the trail will continue to head straight if you take the split to the right it will take you up to back up to the ridge and up to a saddle. After that you will drop into a valley, this is where my trail starts. It is a awesome spot with a nice little pond and a couple creek crossings.