Box Canyon - West Canyon Trail

Box Canyon - West Canyon Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Grantsville, UT and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Salt Lake City: Access #1: Head west on I-80 and exit at Timpie. Follow Skull Valley Road south to Delle Ranch turnoff. Turn east (left) and go about 3 1/2 miles to the trailhead. There is no trailhead sign. Access #2: Via West Canyon Road west of Grantsville. The road is a dirt road.

Im not in shape and a twig so this was hard for me, but i enjoyed it. i only made it a mile in of the 2.5 that this app reports. its a steady incline and that sapped me. about half a mile in we ran into a herd of mama cows with babies. they sort of moved the first time but wr walked way up the hillside to go around the second. its peaceful but dont try the 4.7 mi access road w/o 4wd if its wet.

it wasn't too hard, pretty rocky though. there wasn't much of a reward at the end other than you could stop walking uphill. lots of mountain views. the directions on here are wrong but if you Google it Google maps will get you there. it is also 2.5 miles out and 2.5 back so 5 miles round trip. we went in the late afternoon and there was some shade.

The directions take you to a place that is in the middle of nowhere about an hour away from the actual trail. by the time I found the trail I'd run out of time to explore, maybe next time I can write a real review.