Maple's Box Canyon Trail

Maple's Box Canyon Trail is a 1.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Moroni, UT that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October.

ice climbing

rock climbing

This is a fantastic little box canyon in Maple Canyon. Towering walls of natural conglomerate reach skyward on either side as you follow this narrow crack to a waterfall at the end. Several 15 ft high boulders block the way, requiring basic rock climbing ability to climb them with anchored ropes. Entire canyon is a conglomerate rock formation. Very dangerous due to falling rocks from several hundred feet above. No restroom facilities. This area is private but we currently have permission to hike in it, so please take care of it and leave nothing behind! Danger of falling rocks and flash floods, so be careful.

very unique and easy hike. loved the high walls and climbers. large cave half way up that can be climbed and entered. Waterfall at end not worth much. some clogs in the slot that take some effort to climb over. will come back.

I have done a lot of hiking in my time. Angels landing, Kings peak, Mt Nebo, My Tipabogas... But for all of the hard and brutal hikes I have done, if you want just an easy fun trail, I absolutely love this place! Other than the fact that this is a popular hiking trail it's one of my favorite easy hikes:)

Awesome hike my friends and I went later in the afternoon about 2:30, the trail was pretty void of other hikers which might also have been because it was the first week of November. This hike was very rewarding and a blast to hike! Would definitely recommend to anyone.

The waterfall was much harder than I expected, while my son climbed up and down several times, I chickened out near the top and didn't make it. Read my full blog review here: http://utahtim.com/2015/07/box-canyon-to-waterfall/

Very neat little box canyon. Was out on a ATV adventure and our group stopped here to have a look see. We spent about 45 minutes exploring the canyon and cooling off from the days heat.

Went up this trail with my kids and in laws today. The canyon walls are made out of natural cobblestone/cement, and there was some of just about every type of rock in the wash. It was fun looking around, climbing up the sides, and exploring the cracks and caves. Definitely a fun hike for the whole family - up to a certain point.

Most the trail was easily passable, but once we got to the boulder climb, some of us had some difficulty getting over a couple of them - you're looking at a 12 foot near vertical climb, which we all made but it took a while to figure it all out. There is an anchored rope in good condition.

Took a bunch of pictures, but every one looks washed out and pixilated from the poor lighting. Such is life with a cell phone camera, I suppose.