Bloods Lake Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY]

Bloods Lake Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY] is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Midway, UT that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This lake is on private property, and access is at the owner's discretion

Beautiful trail, but get there early. It's not very serene after 9am.

I have mixed feelings about this one. 3 stars because it really is beautiful, I'm not denying that but it's SOOOOOO busy and dirty! It's short and simple. Lots of people. Lots of dogs. Lots of garbage. Honestly it's truly sad to see how the land (which is private property) has been treated and how it currently is being treated. It's infuriating to see people, old and young not give a crap! I just can't with society sometimes. I don't think I'll be doing this one again, anytime soon.

Good place to bring dogs

Very short walk. Then somewhat of a scramble to the shore of this very pretty walk-around lake.

was a beautiful trail for walking...; stunning views and great for dogs!

Nice and easy, the bugs were terrible. Save this for fall :)

Great little hike! Perfect for a beautiful drive after work and then a small trek to the lake. I recommend walking around the lake too.

Nice short getaway. Don't expect to burn a bunch of calories, but the lake itself is very pretty!

Not really much of a hike, a lot of trash and debris :( The Lake itself is spectacular and worth the trek to snap some awesome pics

I really liked this hike. I have 3 pups all who I brought and they loved swimming. Not a horrible hike, there are some steep parts both going and coming back but it's a beautiful drive up to Guardsman's Pass, and a great view with a beautiful lake. Relatively short hike.

Bugs! Besides that it was grand! A beautiful little lake, nice to swim in as well!

bugs. watch out you will get bitten. loads of people looking to cool off. I always bypass blood lake and continue on to one of the others.

thank you Debra!

Laurinda,
I was just there this morning and saw more dogs then people there. I can't confrim if they are allowed. There is no sign saying NO dogs.
I think they would love it!

short and sweet. Beautiful views the entire trail. Steep section as you get closer to the lake. Make sure littles have good grip on thier shoes. Those with achey knees would benefit from a walking stick.
wild flowers, a lake? What's not to love!?

am I being ignored? twice I've asked if my 2 Laborer Retrievers are welcome? who do I call to get an honest answer?

Busy for mid-day Tuesday, but not too bad. Aside from us there was 4 other small groups around the lake. My 5, 7 and 9 year old did fine hiking in and out. Bit of a hike up to get out, but well worth it. It was 90 degrees in Midway and upper 60's/low 70's at the lake. Have bug spray on hand for sure.