Birch Canyon Road Trail

Birch Canyon Road Trail is a 7.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Smithfield, UT that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Kudos to whoever added the single track. First time up there but very impressed. Watch out for Texas Longhorns!

It begins as a dirt road that goes several miles and through several gates. On a mountain bike, and as a novice, it was hard but I peddled the whole way. After you get beyond the forest service gate, the road continues and is follow able all the way to the end. Once beyond the gate, however, many people have been putting in work to add a single track mountain bike trail that weaves in and out of the trees and criss-crosses the road several times.

The whole trip transitions from open in to very wooded and covered. There are several stream crossings, some with bridges others not so if you are walking or biking, you will get wet. There were several parts where I had to get off and walk my bike, but I am an amateur with a cheap bike. It ends at a forest service site of some type, but I was in a hurry to get back so I did not take much time to take in the scenery at the end. The downhill on the way back, I followed the road all the way as opposed to the single track, and while a bit bumpy, I made it out in good time and made the climb worth it.