Big Baldy Summit

Big Baldy Summit is a 7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lindon, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from April until October.

Loop hike from Dry Canyon to the summit of Big Baldy.

Very beautiful scenery and challenging hike

I didn't make it to the summit, but if you go left at the first fork, a couple miles in, it takes you past some pretty views and to a great hammocking spot where some friends and I spent the night. Not the original hike but beautiful. I recommend turning around when you get as far as you want because the trails diverge and get pretty confusing but I positively loved it.

A fairly difficult trail, but the view was well worth it.

This is a hard hike but if you're in good hiking shape it is still rather enjoyable. It took me about 4 hours round trip going through dry canyon. The view is definitely worth it! I loved this hike and would do it again.

Went up via the SW Ridge Trail and it was extremely steep. Went down Dry Canyon and thought it was enjoyable enough. Probably won't do this again but glad I did it. View is great.

Some friends and I spontaneously decided to do this hike one afternoon. It was really hard. It took us about 3 hours to get to the top. But only took about 1.5 to get down. At the top you get a good view of Timp, and a decent view of the valley if it's not too smoky.

Very steep hike. We took our 1 year old in his hiking backpack and got to the top. I probably won't do it again but it was good to see the view.

we actually hiked it from battle creek falls trail head. it was 12 miles round trip. BEAUTIFUL!

Dry Canyon is not my favorite trail. For the first 3/4 of the hike it is not very scenic, just steep with little reward. Eventually you do break out of the trees and the views become quite good. The summit of Big Baldy is nice. That said if I were to summit this peak again I would take the approach up the Battle Creek Trail, where there is water and better views, albeit a few more miles.

Did this hike in July, with the plan to spend the night part way up, and then hit the Baldy peak the next morning. My rating is low, most likely due to my lack of preparation maybe.
Startd this hike about 7 PM in the middle of July a few years ago during a heat wave (mistake #1). Did not research options for camping, resulting in camping on a severe slope (mistake #2). Didn't bring enough water (mistake #3). Definitely a difficult hike. it was steep up hill about 90 % of the time which I was not ready for (mistake # 4) .
If I were to do this again, I would bring a hammock to sleep in, and I would start early in the morning, and camp all the way up at the little saddle area. Or I would drive around the front of the mountain through AF Canyon and hike along the contour to the saddle.

I hiked this trail at the beginning of March and it is worth it, but prepare for snow. I went straight up the ridge instead of looping around the backside. It was probably for the better because I got the idea that there was way to much snow on the normal trail. There is extremely deep snow at the top, but most of the way up it is dry (on the ridge south of the summit)

I did in 4:00 hours

One of my favorites in Utah Valley! Gorgeous views. Definitely not easy, but doable. It was pretty consistently uphill, but the trail was well maintained for the most part. I didn't do the loop, just came back down dry canyon. But I love this canyon even more than Battlecreek or Grovecreek. Just gorgeous!

I loved the hike, took about 3.5 hours to the pass below Baldy summit! Nice hike, lots of shade going up! Beautiful on top, only 2 hours back down!

This was a good hike. The most beautiful parts are the meadows that you go through on your way to the top. Getting to it through Battle Creek Canyon is a bit steep, but there is a lot of pretty things to see when you get out of it. The switchbacks on the second to last part of the hike don't take you anywhere very quickly, but things could be worse. It was worth doing it once, but I would not do it again, except if it were to spend some time in the meadows outside of Battle Creek Canyon.

Wonderful hike from the Dry Creek Trail - out and back. My dad and I took it yesterday (Saturday) and because it's been a dry year I didn't expect so much snow. The snow started about halfway up and got deeper as we went along. But we made it almost to the top with our microspikes and the views and the snowscape were incredible. Only passed one person on the way - fittingly an Out-N-Back employee. Several feet of snow at the top. Should have taken snowshoes, but we made it without them because we went early enough in the day (6:30 to 10:45am) that the snow was possible to walk on without sinking in - at least on the way up. Great hike. Excited to do it again.

Definitely a good workout. Pretty steep climb. Not a leisurely hike, but runs and pretty.

my kids and I were able to summit Big Baldy today. It's a pretty long hike for kids. We were able to start from battle Creek and summit in 3.5 hours. We rested a lot for little legs. If casual non steep hike is what you're looking for. This is not it. It was tough in a few spots but the views are totally worth it

3 of us did this on Memorial Day and I'll cut to the chase: If really steep terrain is not your thing, avoid the south ridge line and stick to the Dry Canyon route for your ascent, then descend back the way you came. You've been warned! Now, I personally love this hike, it's a great workout and the views from the summit are remarkable on a clear day. We took the pace pretty casually, and I'm certain we could have done it a lot faster. Plentiful wildlife, but no water (hence the name DRY) so be sure to pack in plenty! I'll be returning to try a summit from Battle Creek next time!