Beus Canyon Trail

Beus Canyon Trail is a 7.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Ogden, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The Beus Canyon Trail is part of the Great Western Trail. The Beus Canyon segment runs from the east side of Ogden City up to a saddle just south of Mt Ogden Peak. The lower part of the trail is easy as it climbs to the mouth of Beus Canyon, where it intersects the Bonneville Shoreline Trail. The trail continues along Beus Creek until it reaches a small meadow where the canyon forks. This meadow is locally known as Fern Valley, for obvious reasons. From there the trail continues along the south fork of the stream and then climbs the ridge between Beus Canyon and Birch Canyon to the south. The trail continues to climb at a steep pitch as it goes north to the head of Beus Creek. From there, follow rock cairns to the saddle just south of Mount Ogden Peak.

Great hike, I love the views

Maybe I was on the wrong Beus Canyon Trail but Alltrails was showing it took me 7.1 miles to the top one way (another .4 up to the towers). I had never done this hike so I was anticipating about 5 miles to the top based off info I found on the internet. After reaching the towers I headed towards Snowbasins Needles Lodge by taking a small unnamed trail that branched off Bues Canyon and then dropped into Snowbasins trail system. From Needles Lodge I rode the gondola down and grabbed a bloody mary from the bar while waiting for my wife to pick me up! I can't say this was the most enjoyable hike but if you're in the mood to conquer Mt. Ogden then go for it!

Over grown a bit. Saw a few snakes on the south face, one was a rattler (heard it before I saw it, luckily). Good shade for the first half, then fairly exposed once you get on the south face. Good trail all the way up to Mt. Ogden. Interesting history.

It is such a beautiful trail!! There's lots of variation between steep parts of the trail and breaks.

I hiked this last weekend (4-15-16) and ran into some deep snow about 1.5 miles in. At 2 miles I turned around because I was falling about knee deep with every step. I was still enjoyed the hike and had some great views. I only ran into one other person when I was on my way out.

We went today and weather was 57 degrees in Ogden. Beautiful but only went halfway since the snow was melting and kept falling through and wearing shorts. Will go again and also will do a summer hike up here

Hiked to the top of mt Ogden. The views are beautiful. The hike gets pretty strenuous at times but it's totally worth it.

canoeing

Sq

Great Trail - started at 5:30 am with a group of 12, took the more advanced hikers about 3 hours to get to the top. Saw some deer along the trail. After we summited Mt. Ogden we hiked over to Needles Lodge and relaxed with some chocolate milk and a cookie and then took the gondola down to a waiting car in the snow basin parking lot.

Great trail! Having the cool stream running next to you was really nice with how hot it was. It was a somewhat long hike, but worth heading all the way up to the Mt. Ogden summit!

Great trail! It was a long hike but definitely worth it. I really enjoyed hiking next to the river for the first 3-4 miles. There was still snow at the top, so I was glad I had my trekking poles to help me through the knee deep snow. I made it all the way to the top and had a wonderful lunch on the helicopter pad at the radio tower. The view from the peak was well worth the hike. Overall, I would say this has been one of my favorite hikes I've done.

This is a great shady trail. It follows a stream for the first half, and is gradual enough for the majority of hikers. Once it leaves the stream, the traffic peters out as it gets steeper. I made it to about 7500 before running out of time, but I will definitely come back to go all the way up to Mount Ogden.

This is a great hike. You can take Beaus to the top of Mount Ogden (allow yourself about 5-6 hours round trip to the top and back). The first section of the hike follows a creek which flows year around. The second half of the hike is a grueling couple of miles to the summit of Mt. Ogden. Beginner and intermediate hikers can easily enjoy the first half that follows the stream. More advanced hikers will be challenged by the extra couple of miles to the summit. In the summer, you can check to see if Snowbasin is running their Gondolas. If they are, you can hike to the top of Mt. Ogden, and catch the Gondola down. You will have to arrange for a ride back to your car, as this will put you on the other side of the mountain (but heck, enjoy a cold beer at one of the beautiful Snowbasin lodges while you wait for your ride!)

Nice trail that runs along a small, babbling stream. However, without many, if any switchbacks this is a pretty grueling uphill trek in winter. I was jogging on ice and packed snow which slowed down my progress, but still a nice trail to run or hike.

Pretty scenery and the waterfalls are beautiful. There are rattlesnakes in the area so watch out. I almost walked on top of one when I heard that familiar rattle. All in all though its worth the trip just be wary

Beautiful but gets too grown over towards the top when you pass shoreline in July. It is very beautiful. Watch for snakes. Plenty of birds and water.

This is an excellent but very challenging trail to the summit of Mt. Ogden. It climbs nearly a mile up the West face, first through Beus canyon and then up from there. For one who enjoys challenging hikes at altitude, this may be the best in Ogden (although N Ogden divide up to Ben Lomond would be another).

I really enjoy hiking this trail, ecspecially on those hot days. This trail offers a lot of cover and follows the creek most of the way. It is a very good trail with just a couple of spots that have slid into the nearby creek. It is also a good place to visit in the winter. I have gone up this trail and crossed over to Burch creek on the way back down. A nice little loop