Bennie Creek Cutoff Trail

Bennie Creek Cutoff Trail is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Santaquin, UT that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

6.5 miles out and back. Moderate/ difficult.

The trail is mostly shaded and does not have many places where you can see out of the trees. When you can you are able to see Mt Nebo in the distance. There are a number of switchbacks that make the 1,500ft climb easier. Difficulty is always relative but for an individual hiker experience but after 40+ years of hiking I would rate this hike as moderate. There were no really steep climbs and when it does get steep there are switchbacks. Hikers, Horses, Mountain Bikes and Motorcycles are allowed on this trail. I thought it would be very busy but only saw 4 motorbike and 1 horse rider.

This is right next to grotto falls. It is pleasant if you are trying to steer away from other people!

My sister and I went and February, funny thing is we thought we are on a different trail. We were looking for a waterfall, we never found it. There are many beautiful views on this hike. We were the only ones there that day. We will definitely be back next fall.
If you go during the winter, make sure to wear some kind of footwear that has grip. Many snowy ice patches and very slippery mud.