Angels Landing Trail

Angels Landing Trail is a 4.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Hurricane, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from February until October.

4.4 miles 1979 feet Out & Back

Zion National Park. Strenuous with steep drop-offs and narrow trail. Not for anyone fearful of heights. Ends at summit 1500 feet above Zion Canyon. Last 0.5 mi (0.8 km) follows a steep, narrow ridge; chains have been added in the most difficult areas. The first 2-miles are paved and well-maintained. Most of the path is sunny, but Refrigerator Canyon offers shade and often a cool breeze. This is a good early morning hike. Make sure to allow time to be off the trail by dark if starting late in the day. The last half-mile is across a narrow sandstone ridge. Anchored support chains are attached along some sections of the sheer fin. Sheer cliffs at high elevations while hiking on a narrow fin. Not suggested for children or those with a fear of heights. Avoid standing near the edge at all times! Do not hike the trail when it is wet, storming, or when high winds are present.

This trail is a challenge. The ascent is a solid workout. Spectacular views and an adrenaline rush. Hanging from the side of the mountain for the first time was something I won't soon forget. If you are averse to heights, best to avoid the final push to the peak.

Switchbacks in the beginning are rough but the climbing from there on is so much fun unless you're afraid of heights. Well worth the views.

Incredible views. The first part of the hike is pretty crowded--the paved trail makes it easy. Once it gets to the chains and the steep drop-offs, there are less people on the trail. I just wore Under Armour running shoes and I was fine.

While it was a physical hike, I had enough energy to walk some of the Narrows afterwards. Still - I wouldn't recommend this to anyone out of shape. I also wouldn't let anyone try to convince you to do this hike, or try to influence anyone else to join in when they don't have interest in it. I saw folks who had no business even thinking about this hike with the shape they were in and others near frozen in terror. Angels Landing isn't the place for this stuff, go to Magic Mountain instead.

I found the walk to the top to be an amazing experience. I took my time, let folks pass me and double-checked every step and grip. I only felt danger when others were around me, so gave them distance. The top itself is scenic, but didn't have as much as an impact on me as the walk to reach it. The most aggressive chipmunks I ever saw were there to greet me.

I arrived in the Grotto parking lot an hour before sunset and had no issues grabbing a prime space. Left as soon as I could see the trail. You definitely want to beat the crowds here. Most the time I had the path to myself. By 9 AM there'll be an army storming up the landing, avoid them if you can!

I brought a $5 pair of rubber gripped mechanics gloves (Dewalt) and they worked very well on both the chain and rock surfaces. The rocks had sand on them from prior rain which made it a little more slippery than I expected.

The hike isn't long but it's steep. Once you reach Scott's Lookout, the fun begins. The last person to die on Angel's Landing didn't actually fall from the Landing but from Scott's Lookout which is .5 miles from the end and a big area where people can sit. the woman, in her 60's, was resting, stood up, got dizzy, and fell over the edge. This hike is not a joke. You will get people on here writing all kinds of bravado which is crap. There are chains on the hill for a reason and you have to take the hike serious. When you are hiking on a trail that is just a few feet wide and 1000' drop on each side you need to make sure it's what you want to do. You also have to be careful for the fools that are in a rush and pushing past people. The views are incredible and the hike is great. Just use common sense and if at any time you don't think you can do it, don't. People don't fall because they slip, they fall because they get vertigo and dizzy from the hike to the top.

awesome trail. had a great time with my family. do not reccomend for inexperienced hikers or non athletic people.

This hike was amazing! Once-in-a-lifetime trail! The first 2 miles of the trail are difficult but fairly normal- switchbacks and steep ledges. But when you reach the chains that will help you traverse the ridge of this amazing mountain, that is when the real magic starts. This was nerve wracking to be sure. But it was well worth it. I will remember this hike for years to come.

One of the most memorable hikes I've ever done! I would rate as moderate to the first 'landing'. After this it is definitely a difficult rating!! There are parts where you have to be on all fours to safely maneuver. We hiked during Spring Break season, first week of April. Great time of year for this hike, but take the first shuttle to the trail head and start early. This trail was very heavily used! the crowds make the already difficult upper portion of the trail worse. The view from the top is absolutely majestic! Drink plenty of water and take a lunch for the top, and enjoy the beauty of Zion NP!

It was an amazing hike. When I started out I had no idea what I was getting myself into. The thrill of being so close to the edge of the cliff is quite awesome. If you ever get a chance give it a shot.

Second hike I've ever done. it was rough but worth it!

Great hike if you can avoid the crowds. I did it early morning on a weekday in November so there were not a ton of people. Doable in 3 hrs if ur in good shape and not afraid of heights.

We did this hike in 3 hours on a Saturday afternoon and the crowds were what made it not as enjoyable as it could have been. I would definitely be there early to avoid crowds. I would also not recommend the last .5 miles for children under 16.

Awestruck! Fun scambling, challenging, worth every step.

Awestruck how fun and beautiful this trail is! Scrambling the last half mile brings another dimension to this trail..the friendliness of the people on this particular trail was a breath of fresh air! Go off season and early to avoid bottleneck at climbs. Enjoy the journey!

Bucket list trail. As steep as any 13er/14er I've done but, much easier to breath. The last 1/2 mile is not for the faint of heart or, those with vertigo. Therefore, I couldn't finish.