Angels Landing Trail

Angels Landing Trail is a 4.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Hurricane, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from February until October.

4.4 miles 2073 feet Out & Back

This is a strenuous trail in Zion National Park with steep drop-offs and very narrow sections. Not for anyone afraid of heights! The first 2-miles are paved and well-maintained. Most of the path is sunny, but Refrigerator Canyon offers shade and often a cool breeze. Ends at summit 1500 feet above Zion Canyon. Last 0.5 mi (0.8 km) follows a steep, narrow ridge; chains have been added in the most difficult areas. This is a good early morning hike. Make sure to allow time to be off the trail by dark if starting late in the day. The last half-mile is across a narrow sandstone ridge. Anchored support chains are attached along some sections of the sheer fin. Sheer cliffs at high elevations while hiking on a narrow fin. Avoid standing near the edge at all times! Do not hike the trail when it is wet, storming, or when high winds are present.

26 minutes ago

it was wonderfull, but if you have a fear of heights it can on some places be nerve wrecking. if wet, do nog do this one, guess it will be quit slippery thans.

One of my most memorable. Breath taking views with an opportunity to step outside of your comfort zone and really feel accomplished.

If you are doing this during summer months, start as early as you can to avoid the sun and crowd.

Incredible fun with a stunning view at the end. I really don't think it's as frightening as many people make it out to be. I was able to traverse the chains after a nice snowfall. I did however see a video of the trek towards the end of winter when the snow was clear, but there were large patches of ice that looked very slippery, in that case take caution. Anyways, with proper gear such as yaktrax, it shouldn't be difficult. Definitely a great hike that I'll do again.

Craziest hike I've ever done

There is probably not much I can add that hasn't already been said. This is definitely a bucket list hike. Best to go early, or you will likely find yourself standing in line on the final climb up (at least during the warmer months...I hiked it last May). Even if you are not able to get to the top (due to the conditions or a fear of heights), it is definitely worth it to hike to Scout Lookout. The views on the way up to Refrigerator Canyon are spectacular. And of course there is the unique Walter's Wiggles that brings you out of the side canyon. Usually lots of sun...don't forget sunscreen and plenty of water. And if you have time, take the West Rim Trail a short distance from the Lookout for even more amazing views of the main canyon.

Hiked Oct. 29, 2016. The fall weather was perfect!!! I only wore a pair of tennis shoes because I didn't know we were going to hike this trail, but I would recommend hiking boots or at least shoes that have good tread on them. This can definitely be strenuous and probably isn't good if you have asthma or you're scared of heights. My friend who has asthma couldn't make it to the top. This hike requires you to really pay attention to what you're doing. Even though it is difficult it is so worth it! Would totally do it again. The entire trail is beautiful and the view at the top of Angels Landing is awesome & very rewarding! Highly recommend!

Hiked this trail Dec. 30th. We rented crampons and hiking boots for this which were very much needed. The trail itself wasn't terribly hard but the icey conditions definitely made it more of a challenge. My friend and I made it up to Scouts Lookout which was amazing! Unfortunately without the proper equipment, the chained portion was covered in ice and we were not able to make it the rest of the way. Highly recommend starting this trail as early as possible as there were a lot of people passing me on the way down. Looking forward to doing this trail in the summer without all the ice

Hiked Dec. 30th after a good snow storm hit 5 days prior. Good gloves and ice cleats are a must!! It was really icee and snow packed. At times I wasn't sure I was going to make it. I made it to the lookout point, but with only hiking shoes and no ice traction I couldn't go any farther up the chained portion. I didn't find the hike to be that hard, but I'm athletic and an experienced hiker. It took me less than 2 hours (roundtrip) to go up to Scouts lookout and back. I stopped to take pictures several times and put on a few bandaids on my already blistered feet. The views were incredible and totally worth it! I hiked at 8am right after the sun came up and got a good amount of light. Trail wasn't crowded at all- saw only a few people on the way up... on the way down there was probably 30+ people coming up.

The last part was tricky to get up and I found it's more challenging to come down since we went during winter time and the trail covered by snow. The view was amazing but it's not a spot that you can sit there for a while and enjoy the view. Love this hike and will do it again.

Steep but easy. Wonderful views. Very crowded. It is a little uneasy getting to the end because I didnt have confidence in the people around me.

The trail itself is challenging and beautiful, but it was entirely too overpopulated. This is not the kind of trail you want to be doing surrounded by that many tourists. Multiple people put themselves in danger as well as everyone around them. I'd love to give it a go on an off weekend. I think it is would feel far less treacherous!

Loved Zion and this trail

hard trail but with very amazin goverview point on top