Albion Meadows Trail

Albion Meadows Trail is a 3.7 mile out and back trail located near Sandy, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and mountain biking and is accessible from May until October.

Great family hike

A very nice hike for the first 2/3 of the uphill leg. Very gradual incline with nice views. Unfortunately at the top of the hill is a parking lot and it kills the ambience a little bit, very noisy with lots of cars going in and out. Views from the parking lot are still nice though.

Did this hike with my family including my mom who is in her 70s. We saw a family of moose along the trail. It's a beautiful spot.

Beautiful trail for wildflowers and some great views of the basin. One of my favorite spots so far in the canyons! Originally had come up here no expecting to hike this section, but changed my plans due to lack of parking in the upper lots and about 50 people in line for the shuttle...would rather be walking than waiting! Glad I got to see this!

Beautiful hike. I went in late June and now mid August. Definitely prefer the late June scenery. I think maybe even early to mid July would be beautiful as well. Still a beautiful hike. Flowers are everywhere. I was forced to take this hike to get to Cecret Lake and then this time to Sunset Peak because of road closures and lack of parking and 40 minute shuttle wait times. Really glad though. The hike is worth it. Many chances for beautiful pictures and not too hard of a hike.

Early August. Beautiful wild flowers! Not much shade.

It was fine. There isn't a lot of shade, and today there wasn't much of a breeze either. My hiking party went past the Sugarloaf ski lift, and took the left fork. I'm not positive if that is part of this trail or not, but if it is, then this trail should be rated Moderate, rather than Easy. I had a hard time with it, but I am not an experienced hiker.

Fun trail. Tons and tons of wildflowers. Not a whole lot of shade cover. Kids had a blast, great photo ops.

Beautiful, but part of the hike is right along the road.

Beautiful hike. Continued up to Cecret Lake. About 3 miles from Alta, through the Albion meadows and up to the lake. There's over a 1200 foot elevation gain in those 3 miles. Gets a little tricky at the end for kids but my 8 year did great.

This is one of my favorite hikes ! The meadows of wild flowers are beautiful! Last time I went in the morning and there were tons of hummingbirds !!! Today I went around 1 and I didn't see a single hummingbird. It's not much of a hike but it is all uphill and lots of small rocks. If you want a longer hike you can keep going up to cecret late and pack a picnic.

We started at the Albion Basin parking lot and ended at Cecret Lake. The distance came out to be around 2.7 miles. The wildflowers are blooming and it was very beautiful. Very windy in spots and kind of crowded.

Beautiful hike this time of year with all of the wild flowers in bloom. Continue up to Cecret Lake for amazing views!

Great trail for the novice who wants to enjoy the outdoors but not a strong hiker. About 3 miles from the bottom parking lot, through Albion basin and up to Cecret lake.

The wildflower were amazing today. Huge carpet of many different colors. Trail is well maintained and very busy.

Nice, easy trail that I'd consider taking older folks or younger kids on. Beautiful meadow views with mountains all around. Smells so good with all the flowers blooming! A must do is to connect to Cecret Lake trail at the top when you get to Alta's Cecret Lift, which is a moderately difficult trail (not for most kids or elderly) but well worth it with the lake views.