Adams Canyon Trail

Adams Canyon Trail is a 5.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Layton, UT that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Salt Lake City: Travel north on Highway 89 and take the first right past Oakhills Road (Layton City Water Tank). Take another right (south) on the frontage road. Park at the end of pavement at fenced off reservoir. Trail starts on north side of the reservoir. This trail has good access to the Bonneville Shoreline Trail.

25 minutes ago

First part of the hike is the sunniest as there's not much shady. The hike also doesn't get very exciting until later on in the trail. We went earlier in the morning and it wasn't that busy. The waterfall is gorgeous with lots of shaded areas and there's certain places you can find to picnic. However, by the time we came down (around noon), the heat was at its peak and my dog's paws started to burn so we put on his shoes to help with the hot pavement.

The beginning of the trail isn't exciting- once you hear the water and see the first waterfall (diverting) off the trail you know it's going to be good.
Took my 2 wiener dogs and they did amazingly well! The waterfall and different colors of fall was so pretty! Some sharp rocks going up and down, just watch your step...

Definitely more difficult but incredibly beautiful. The first part of the trail was the most difficult because of the lack of shade. Definitely beat to get an earlier start.

This is my favorite hike it is also the hardest because of the first part of the hike I don't think I'm strong enough to bring my son

I sprained my ankle on this trail and still give it 5 stars lol love it

aweeeeeeeesome!!!! do it do it do it!

So fun! kind of a poular hike (lots of people) And has some great views along the whole trail. I would suggest hiking up and running down!

Extremely busy hike. Steep rock climbs towards the end. But really cool overall

Great trail great hike ,lots of people on the trail both day and nigh ..
I'v hiked this 4 times it my #2 on my best of 3 favorite hikes .
#1-Ben Lomond
#2 -Adams Canyon
#3- Wind Cave trail Logan canyon
Awesome water fall at the end . It's a scramble in places .. But worth the hike

This is a fun trail, but be cautious with small kids. There are parts of the trail that are difficult. I made it up and back with a 16, 15, 11, 5 and 1 year old. (The baby was in a back pack.) The 5 year old made it, but required some help on the steeper parts. The kids were good and tired when we finished. We did have a good time but this hike should be rated as moderate to difficult. Oh, and there's always lots of people on the trail. Overall, it's worth the climb and the waterfall is gorgeous.

Absolutely loved this trail! Shaded most of the way and beautiful views. A little crowded but definitely a hike I will be doing again.

Crowded, kinda scrambly, but really pretty.

Beautiful hike, lots of shade. Path is along the creek the entire way. Switchbacks at the beginning can be tough, but pretty easy after that. Heavy traffic even earlier in the morning. Lots of runners on the trail. Went in August and didn't see any rattle snakes, but have heard many people do. Beautiful waterfalls.

beautiful shaded trail, moderately rocky at the end, creek runs along trail. beautiful waterfall
*did see a rattlesnake on a rock ledge near the end*

Worth hiking. Fun to run back down. Walking next to river makes it cool, with shade. Several falls along the way, one big one at the end probably 20 ft

Switchbacks at the beginning are rough. Not a bad trail after that. Dog friendly and well travelled.

Excelente