Wolf Mountain Trail

Wolf Mountain Trail is a 7.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Johnson City, TX that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Johnson City , TX: Traveling 9 miles east of on FM 2766 or by traveling west of Austin for 32 miles on US Highway 290, then north on FM 3232 for 6 miles.

several miles of this trail are packed gravel. the trail is very wide during these sections and therefore provide very little tree coverage. once you get past this section on the out, it becomes much more winding, tree-covered single track, and worth trekking through the rest! the trail isn't always the best marked but if you have a paper map with you, you should be OK since you may not get coverage.

awesome place. definitely check out arrow head pool!

amazing ride! you could spend days on the trails my wife and I are going back soon back soon!

Amazing view great workout

Beautiful park! The falls are amazing just be careful because the falls trail will flash flood quickly if it has raining prior. Our dog loved it!

Stunning view of the waterfalls and challenging trails. There are multiple springs you can hike trails to and go swimming.

Amazing place. Busy during summer but still worth the trip.

Really busy unless you go early. the falls area is pretty but the rest is average.

Great trail, mostly double track with some nice wooded single track in the back. Went on a Thursday morning and didn't see anybody else.

Went camping here with some friends. The falls are really awesome place to visit right after it rains due to the streaming water. This was our first time camping and it was well worth it. Something of the amenities that you can have easy access to are hot showers (totally made the trip worth it), firewood, fire starters, electric port (not available in the primitive campsites), water, and much more. Must visit the falls, the swimming area, and also the scenic outposts.

Remember to stock up before camping, Good Luck!

I have yet to do the Wolf Mountain Trail, the 7.4 mile loop. However, I took my dog to the falls and it's beautiful! I will definitely be coming back to hike the loop. The twin falls is very small, and you can only see it from above. I took my dog with some friends to the other falls, and we had lunch there. A great place to bring your family. Hiking is not difficult, and it's dog friendly.

Awesome trail I does cost to get in though.

Great afternoon hike... Take water and a snack.

Probably one of the nicest trails in the hill country. Access to camping along the way, and some nice single tracks on the back side. It's smooth and wide in most places.

Of the many miles of trail at Perdenales Falls I ran the Wolf Mountain Trail (approx. 7 miles), hiked with my 4 year old the Twin Falls Nature Trail, briefly walked the Perdenales Falls trail, and ran a sandy trail alongside the river up to the picnic area and took Warfle's Trail back to my campsite. Overall, I was not pleased with what I encountered on the trails.

Wolf Mountain Trail had around 6 miles of gravel ranch road with nothing interesting to look at, there is a chemical restroom at the 2 mile mark where the primitive camping area is. After about another mile around Wolf Mountain you actually encounter some promising trail that is relatively challenging, however there is only a mile of it which ends at a historic site with ruins and a natural spring, you then have gravel road back to the trail head. (The park labels this trail as difficult - the most difficult part of this trail is staying motivated) Go on an overcast day, there is little to no shade.

Twin Falls Nature Trail was quite a surprise. I took my 4 year old who LOVED the trail. However I don't think the trail is appropriate for many young children. I've never encountered a 'Nature Trail' so difficult so I wasn't expecting such steep climbs, narrow rocky paths, and areas you had to crouch to get through because of low clearance. I'd say this trail was exceedingly more difficult than Wolf Mountain Trail, although the park labels is as 'Moderate'. I would recommend the hike. I really enjoyed it, the overlook at the falls is not impressive but the trail is very well marked.

Warfle's Trail was also a pleasant surprise, there wasn't much elevation change. but if you are looking for an easy Mtn. Bike trail this would be a good pick, its short and sweet, just watch out for the spider webs.

Dirt road. And nothing to see on the hike. Very boring. A nice walk, but will not go back. It is worth going to see the falls. Sucks that there is no wading or swimming. Ranger said 30 deaths between years 1970-1977. Mostly from diving, horseplay and undertow.