Wild Basin Trail

Wild Basin Trail is a 1.9 mile loop trail located near Austin, TX and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible from November until February.

Great for trail running. Not crowded at all when we came around 7 pm. Very pretty views and waterfall.

Please don't come here; I want it all for myself.

No dogs allowed...

An alright trail. Well-maintained and easy to navigate. Some pretty cool views of the hill country and tiny waterfall. Not terribly muddy, even though it rained all week.

the trail was very simple and you could hear a little bit of traffic off in the distance. it was a good length, though, for being in the city.

It was quite nice especially without trail runners and dogs. The walks up the canyon gets a little tiring. Mostly shaded which is quite nice in this ungodly Texas heat.

Decent trail. Once you go into the basin, no views and no breeze. The waterfall is nothing special. Good to do once, would not do again.

Nice walk, a lot of shady spots, waterfall and even armadillos if your lucky

Beautiful!

no pets allowed.

Great views, not too crowded. Very nice grotto / waterfall.

It is a great 45 minute hike. Took the kids out and they absolutely loved this trail. It is a little rocky in some areas - be sure to wear the right shoes. We stayed right the entire time. There are beautiful scenic overlooks and a gorgeous waterfall. The kids take water shoes and take a dip in the creek!

It was a nice trail. We stayed left the whole time and saw the waterfalls and creek. Gets your heart rate up for a quick 45 minute hike.

Hiked this trail with my 3 young children and thank goodness it was marked clearly as I didn't bring along a map. I had done this hike previously with my husband before we had children and didn't make it to the waterfall so when we made it to the waterfall this time around it was a lovely surprise and the kids had a blast wading in the creek. Definitely a worthwhile hike - just wish you couldn't hear the traffic from Loop 360, but it is a nice little, unexpected pocket of wilderness where you'd least expect it!

Nice quick hike. Several nice views with a really pretty waterfall section.