UT Tyler Mountain Bike Trails

UT Tyler Mountain Bike Trails is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tyler, TX that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

The trail is a little confusing as it crosses over itself and the frisbee golf course several times. Some of the trail is in need of some help. There are tons of roots and loose sand. Overall it's challenging enough to be fun and otherwise a good little trail

Very poorly marked. Lots of sand. Hard to keep momentum. This is my least favorite trail I've ever been on.

This was my first trail in some time. I was a little overwhelmed on a couple turns and grades but feeling exhilarated!

I just moved here and I am used to unmarked trails with no official starting place (San Antonio, TX). I have been riding Faulkner Park Trail and was looking for something more technical. I rode the UT Tyler trail for the first time today. The trail has a designated starting point and for most of the trail you can find blue markings painted on the tree on each critical parts when the trail crosses another section. There are also signs with arrow and a picture of a bike where you are suppose to go. Some areas the trail seems to disappear only to appear again around the corner. As long as you think logically of where the trail would go it is hard to get lost. I loved this trail and is the best I have ridden yet. There are jumps, hills, drop offs, obsticles, and roots. This is a fast trail and I am able to dust the cobwebs off my old 26er.

Pretty decent short trail. I would've tried it sooner but had been put off by many of the reviews I've read concerning poor signage. I disagree, the trail is very well marked with blue paint and signs directing which way to go at confusing intersections. There are some areas where it is easy to become confused as the trail is used by disc golfers as well. For this reason I gave it a low rating, there should be waste bins available with some routine maintenance as there is a large amount of garbage left on the trail by other users. The trail has good water drainage so has been one of the few available options in the DFW/east TX area after all of the rain.

Decent trail, not great if you have much experience riding other places. My last ride was April 22 and it was even more poorly marked than usual- if I didn't know the trail I would have gotten turned around. Good for keeping sharp for other, better rides.

This is a nice trail. I would've given it 5 - stars if there was better signage. Definitely an intermediate adventure.

not bad

Very confusing since it's poorly marked. Other than that pretty fun.

This trail is fun fun fun! Steep short climbs, swooping descends, bump track section, seesaw, bridges, switchbacks... You name it has a little of it. Well maintained and on the university campus so safety is never an issue. The trail is shared with an 18 hole disc golf course but rarely do disc golfers and MTB riders get in each others' hair.