Tyler State Park Trail

Tyler State Park Trail is a 8.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tyler, TX that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

Tyler State Park is a 11 mile trail located near Tyler, Texas. The trail is primarily used for mountain biking and hiking.

Beautiful trail. Lots of shade

Very cool trail and pretty well maintained. I hiked loops A, B, C, and D. Temperatures ranged from 98-102 but the tree cover made hiking in the heat easier. One bridge is out on loop B. Terrain and elevation change made this trail challenging but very enjoyable.

Did C & D loops on warm afternoon. Great trails! Full canopy throughout, easy inclines and declines, well maintained. Bikes are allowed on this trail, so keep ur eyes and ears open!

Lots of fauna and flora along the way, differing terrain and muliple loops for any experience level.

Perfect afternoon to do the C and D loop around Tyler state park. Would love to bring my mountain bike out here next time.

Very beautiful state park with many things to do! The camp sites were spread apart enough to have some sense of being isolated. October is their bird watching season so bring some binoculars out!

Excellent hiking trail on Loop A!

One of my favorite state parks. A nice change of pace just outside of Tyler.

Great trails for running. Mostly soft with a few rocks and plenty of roots to keep it interesting. Lots of ups and downs, but no serious climbs or descents. The parking is plentiful and the facilities are clean and well maintained. If I'm ever back near Tyler for business, I'm making a point of hitting the state park trails again.

We walked around the Lake and we were back to the beginning before we knew it. So, pretty short. Since it was just a beautiful day, we rented paddleboats for an hour and enjoyed the view from on the lake! Very nice place! We will go back to do some of the longer trails next time.

Good trail.

Hands down my favorite place to ride in DFW! Can't say enough good about the place. Trail steward is super proactive and a hell of a nice guy! Guy rocks out a SS! not a better place to ride and train. ride a full lap then do a road lap! if you have legs and lungs left repeat!
G$

I rode this one for the first time a few weeks ago. I was pleasantly surprised. The trails are nice, the variety is good and the signage is very helpful. When you come into the park (make sure to bring $5 for each person in the car), ask the park ranger for a trail map and how to get to the trailhead. It's a pleasant and fun ride through the park and a good chance to see the trees and the wildlife. There's nothing terribly technical, but be prepared to CLIMB. The climbs aren't difficult and they're not steep, but they are long and sometimes spaced closer together than you might like. You'll even get a chance to practice your uphill switchback skills. There aren't too many places to do an emergency exit of the trail if you need it and even where you can, you won't find the hilly paved roads back to your car any kind of improvement. Overall, a good trail system and one I look forward to visiting again when I have the time. Hopefully, next time I won't have to spend a couple of hours looking for the car key I dropped on the trail.

I frequent the SP primarily for the trail system. The park and trail system have never disappointed me. Mostly the trail is single track and rarely overcrowded. I've been out on rainy days, cold days, and hot days. Trails are well marked and maintained. Kind of a hidden surprise for the area and a great place if you want to work some hills.

Great trail system

Nice trail...I went on a cold day with light rain and still thoroughly enjoyed this spot. Good elevation and terrain changes.