Turkey Creek Trail-Big Thicket National Preserve

Turkey Creek Trail-Big Thicket National Preserve is a 3.2 mile out and back trail located near Warren, TX. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and walking.

Woodland shaded trail with zero elevation change.

This trail is beautiful absolutely love. It's enclosed in the woods trees, squirrels, and all kinds of little critter. I'd recommend camping out if you can there's plenty of exploring to be had.

I chose this trail because it is Thanksgiving Day. What a beautiful trail with the walking bridges and large trees and trees that may canopies. Plenty of bird life and fun to watch. As I brought my walking buddy, Hunter, he had plenty of water to drink from the mini creeks. About 2 miles in, I saw an opening and it ended up being the perfect place for my snack or picnic, if you choose. It was right on the water, obviously this was Turkey Creek. Its width is about 30 or so feet across with slow moving water. The water was fairly clear, and this ran parallel along the trail for a little bit. I only rate this a 4 as the ending was not really an ending. I came to a dirt road, and saw a sign with the word "trail," and an arrow, but I just ended up walking down a dirt road, to another dirt road and no way was it heading back to my car. I backtracked the original trail and ended up walking about 7 miles. No big deal as there wasn't any elevation and the hard pack ground made navigation easy. I recommend this for an individual, families and bike riders with mountain or hybrid tires. I will walk this one again, only next time, I will find out where it truly ends first.