Turkey Creek Trail

Turkey Creek Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Austin, TX that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There is a small gravel parking lot that holds at most 20 cars. Be aware that parking on the street may result in cars being towed.

I went hiking here with my 2 kids and dog (who remained on leash). I knew going that it was off leash, however probably won't go back until my kids are older. Too many owners let their dogs run too far away from them... Felt a little unsafe. Markers are unclear after 1.25 miles. It was shady but I'm sure I saw more dogs than people, if you are looking for a fun spot with your 4legged friend, by all means go but look out for poop. Friday midmorning hike.

Turkey Creek is a great place to take your dogs for off leash play in the hot weather months. Full Shade and lots of water. Wear Waterproof Tennis shoes or sandals. The trail crosses Turkey Creek 18 times one way. The creek bed is rocky but the trail is mostly dirt.

Great trail if you like your dog to be free.

I love running this trail! Great workout and lots of shade. Make sure you wear shoes you don't mind getting wet or muddy (if it has rained lately). Some of the creek crossing stones can be tough to balance on.

Great hike for quiet seclusion a short drive from downtown Austin.

Water shoes needed. Very rock and steps.

Just challenging enough to be thorough. My problem was that I took my shelter rescue dog who is not friendly… Can be a problem if you go during popular times bc of so many dogs.

Nice hike. Wear water shoes.

We packed in and out with our two year old and dog. It was a great trail with some ups and downs and lots of places to cool down from the creek. Found it longer than 2.9 miles though. We tracked it at 4.4 miles.

This is my favorite hiking trail. It requires getting your feet wet and sometimes muddy but it's beautiful. It is off leash for dogs.

Fantastic! Took my dogs and they loved cooling off in the water for a spell or splashing around. Water shoes were a must today, but being prepared that made the hike even more adventurous. Really muddy in parts. Perfect length and several places to stop and hang out.

Very enjoyable. Many dogs off leash and can get quite muddy on the banks but we really enjoyed it and so did our dogs. Been twice so far.

My dog is his most "happy" at TC. Wish people picked up their dog poop.

really pretty out there

I love this trail for being off leash for dogs. It also is a perfect length and has lots of variety. Only negative is that lots of people love it so it can be more crowded.