The Seven Mile Loop

The Seven Mile Loop is a 7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cleburne, TX that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Omg loved this so much. First time there. Will definitely be back!!!!

Very Rocky but lots of nice views along the way. One of the prettier day hikes I've done in Texas. The few miles on the nature trail were my favorite.

Tons of choices from super easy to challenging. The views are amazing. One of my favorites.

Great experience! Went with a group of friends & there was more than enough hiking for us to spend more than a day doing!

Not a trail for small children at all. No markings on most trails so pay attention. The outer loop is along a fence line and that gives simple bearings. The map at the Park office is large and gives some Topo information. Pleasant people good walk.

This page is somewhat misleading. There isn't a trail called the 7 mile loop trail, but if you follow the park boundary, you can get some miles in here. Please also read reviews from the same areas on this page:

My trip: I started at the Northern end of the park at the beginning of Coyote run and kept the boundary on my left as I lapped the park clockwise. After Limestone ridge (steep downhill section, exposed rock), I was dumped onto a veritable labyrinth of MTB downhills until I found the spillway, continued south until I found the road near the bathrooms, crossed the road and followed the boundary trail heading back North, again with the fence on my left.

Pros: Lots of ups and downs make for a good workout. Didn't see or hear anyone else, not even mountain bikers (even though I saw their cars). Didn't see or hear any rattlers.

Cons: Not very scenic, I posted a picture of the best view from the trail, but you're in cedar forest 90% of the time, with very few clearings/ecological shifts. This also means cobb webs, I was mummified. Final con is a minor one- trails aren't marked too well and sometimes split and rejoin. Can be disorienting, but it's a small park so no biggy.

Starts off sorta slow but gets really fun about 3 miles in and the spillway area is really fun to climb