TFA Woodland Trail

TFA Woodland Trail is a 0.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mt Enterprise, TX. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding.

TFA Dr. Griffross Woodland Trail is a 0.5 mile trail located near Henderson, Texas. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for birding, hiking, nature trips & walking.

I took my 3 boys ages 13, 6 and 3 on the trail and walked both sides in an easy hour. I had to put the 3 year old on my shoulders for a third of it because the weeds were that high. The kids and I loved it, the recent rains provided a flowing stream along the walk adding to the experience. This was a great wilderness type hike vs. a well manicured Disney trail and perfect for and afternoon nature walk. We had the added benefit of sweet fresh blackberries along the trail that made all the difference.

This trail is not accessible.

This trail has been decimated. It was logged in January or so.

This is a short trail at .5 miles. It is the best trail I've been on in East Texas though. This is a good trail for small children. There are signs informing you of the species of trees you are seeing along the trail. The path is open, and well marked with flagging tape, NOT WITH big nails driven through reflectors into the TREES like some parks in East Texas. There is a bit of downed timber due to the 2011 drought. But, there has been more effort made to clear the trail than any other I have visited. I would be willing to volunteer to help them on this trail.

Easy to hike, some tree damage due to hurricane Ike 2008.