Tejas Trail

Tejas Trail is a 14.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Georgetown, TX that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

Trail was nice and parts were shady so you got a reprieve from the heat which was nice. We only did 21/2 miles in look forward to going back and doing more.

Great for whole family

Great trail but we only got about 1 mile and it was flooded!

Beautiful with all the spring flowers still in bloom. Friendly area, out in the country except for some loud boaters, but all in all very fun. I hope to come back and do the entire trail soon.

Beautiful, minimal crowds. Nice variety of terrain along the hike. Lots of shade and potential for swimming.

Great trail to hike and take the dogs. It rained a couple of days ago so it was muddy but not too bad. Beautiful scenery throughout, especially the views of the lake. It appeared crowded when we first drove up but most of the people we saw were fishing near the lake and there weren't any people hiking the trail. Overall it was a great hike! Looking forward to biking the other side.

The Tejas Trail is a section of Georgetown’s 28-mile Goodwater Trail and a mix of terrain that’s perfect on a balmy day. It’s not marked with any signage that indicates the Tejas Trail, but is accessible from the Tejas campground and tracks the San Gabriel River the entire route, through grassy flatlands to some shaded and elevated terrain. There’s a single track section used by mountain bikers. We encountered a few hikers, some with dogs off-leash, folks fishing from shore or playing on the occasional river beaches, and a through-hiking pack of Boy Scouts. On the river, some kayakers fished. A nice trail for some solitude and exercise.

awesome trail to work cardio with nice elevations. came late and couldnt complete circuit due to losing light but definitely coming back.
Great views of the river

I enjoyed this trail. It was actually my first one! We really enjoyed the view of the lake and quietness in the area. It was great exercise as well! I would definitely go back again!

Hiked the trail this morning. Sooooo nice, loved it! When you get there to the parking lot, go straight on through the meadow at the end- not the sign that says river loop (or something like that)! There'll be a campsite. Go through it, and that's when you'll hit the trail. There's not actually a sign marking it.

It's a great trail, I loved it, and so did my mom! For about 2mi in it's pretty flat, then there are stairs and you have to start climbing.

Hiking this side of Lake Georgetown is definitely the best trail in Williamson County as far as finding some seclusion, trees, and elevation change. The other side of the lake is increasingly developed, but the noise doesn't make it across the lake...yet. Great views.

Beautiful! There are some places where the trail was very narrow but I thoroughly enjoyed this trail! I will definitely be back.

My better half and I went to Tejas trial for the first time in Georgetown Tx on Sunday AM. We found the trial to be well maintained and it was an easy one but still provided nice views once up on the tree line looking down into the lake and the cliff edges. We trekked about 6 miles before we decided the Texas sun had warmed things up enough that it was time to head out. We only met a few solo runners and some families with dogs during the day. I would recommend it as a check it off the box trial. I did have one tick when I got home but it was easily removed and we will go back at some point.

7/12/2015 the road is closed to Tejas park.

My wife and I are trying desperately to find campsites that are quiet. We had hoped that Tejas Camp could accommodate our search but alas, this place is almost as bad as everywhere else. First thing, BUGS, everywhere. All the time. Have you ever seen a spittlebug? Go here to fill that need. It's also a virtual pill bug preserve complete with breeding program. Anyway, the sites are spread out but the camp host doesn't do anything to enforce quiet hours. The trails go directly through the sites so you have no privacy. The scenery is peaceful and pretty but overall I felt like the experience wasn't any different than camping at Enchanted Rock.