Squabble Creek Trail

Squabble Creek Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rockwall, Texas that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is best used from April until October.

Pretty good for a local trail. If you do all the loops it is about 6 miles. The trail is allso used for mountain biking, so make sure you are going the correct directions (bikes one-way & hikers the opposite). I think the max elevation changes was about 50'.

Great for moderate hikers and bikers (more advanced for bikers). 5+ miles if you do all of the loops. mostly shady. *I like the fact that they send hikers one way and bikers the opposite way. That way it is easier to spot one another without sneaking up on someone. Has become one of my favorite hiking areas.

*This is a great hiking area that resembles trails from places like Philmont for Boys Scouts, without the pine trees. Would be a great practice hike for scouts.

so cool

great trails but very muddy

DR Horton is building all around trail area, so they have ruined the trail in some areas. They have said that they will come in and repair trails once they are done. Other than that we had a wonderful run. The kids really enjoyed the hills and mountain biking obstacles. We have been back three more times!

Perfect trail for the heat. Almost completely shaded. Didn't even need my sunglasses. Looks like part of loop 3 has been bulldozed, so it's not as long as it used to be. The trail is in excellent shape. Lots of small stumps & exposed roots, which make it more technical for runners. I would actually rate it moderate. I ran about 18 miles. Did multiple loops & explored EVERY path I could find. I loved it.

Having moved here a few months ago, I was looking forward to trying out this trail. Now that it's mostly dried out from the Spring rains, I got a chance to bike it this morning. It's mostly flat, with tight corners and a few small hills. Since it's close to the house, I'll probably bike it many more times, but it's not as challenging as other trails in the area. Still, if you're looking for a quick trail and you're in the area, check it out. The tree cover cannot be beat!

Pretty close to the house! Great for getting some seat time!

Decent ride. Good place for beginners. Some litter in the otherwise clear creek, unfortunately.

Easy hike and mostly very flat. This is more of a mountain biking trail than a hiking trail. Its a good running trail to add a bit a variety to your normal road work. The biggest issue I have is the lack of good markers on the trail. Looking at the map (at the trailhead) it seemed like if I made right turns the whole way, I would make all the loops and complete the full 6 miles. That was not the case and somehow missed a middle section.

I went back and tried to pick the middle section up as soon as I got back to the trail head and still couldn't find it. That being said, you cannot get "lost" and if you are biking the trail you have some good signage facing that way ( I found out later).

Ill go again... but just to stretch my legs and only if I am in the area.

It was clean and the dogs found it a little more interesting than their own back yard.