Squabble Creek Trail

Squabble Creek Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rockwall, TX that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible from April until October.

Great for moderate hikers and bikers (more advanced for bikers). 5+ miles if you do all of the loops. mostly shady. *I like the fact that they send hikers one way and bikers the opposite way. That way it is easier to spot one another without sneaking up on someone. Has become one of my favorite hiking areas.

*This is a great hiking area that resembles trails from places like Philmont for Boys Scouts, without the pine trees. Would be a great practice hike for scouts.

so cool

great trails but very muddy

DR Horton is building all around trail area, so they have ruined the trail in some areas. They have said that they will come in and repair trails once they are done. Other than that we had a wonderful run. The kids really enjoyed the hills and mountain biking obstacles. We have been back three more times!

Perfect trail for the heat. Almost completely shaded. Didn't even need my sunglasses. Looks like part of loop 3 has been bulldozed, so it's not as long as it used to be. The trail is in excellent shape. Lots of small stumps & exposed roots, which make it more technical for runners. I would actually rate it moderate. I ran about 18 miles. Did multiple loops & explored EVERY path I could find. I loved it.

Having moved here a few months ago, I was looking forward to trying out this trail. Now that it's mostly dried out from the Spring rains, I got a chance to bike it this morning. It's mostly flat, with tight corners and a few small hills. Since it's close to the house, I'll probably bike it many more times, but it's not as challenging as other trails in the area. Still, if you're looking for a quick trail and you're in the area, check it out. The tree cover cannot be beat!

Pretty close to the house! Great for getting some seat time!

Decent ride. Good place for beginners. Some litter in the otherwise clear creek, unfortunately.

Easy hike and mostly very flat. This is more of a mountain biking trail than a hiking trail. Its a good running trail to add a bit a variety to your normal road work. The biggest issue I have is the lack of good markers on the trail. Looking at the map (at the trailhead) it seemed like if I made right turns the whole way, I would make all the loops and complete the full 6 miles. That was not the case and somehow missed a middle section.

I went back and tried to pick the middle section up as soon as I got back to the trail head and still couldn't find it. That being said, you cannot get "lost" and if you are biking the trail you have some good signage facing that way ( I found out later).

Ill go again... but just to stretch my legs and only if I am in the area.

It was clean and the dogs found it a little more interesting than their own back yard.

Unless you live in the immediate area, it is not worth the drive.

5 min away is a much better, much longer trail....

I'm a solidly intermediate mountain biker and Squabble is my "home trail" as it's the closest to me and I've ridden it many times. It is mostly a beginner trail, relatively short and mostly flat. Loops 1 and 2 have a little bit of climbing, but even that is pretty tame. All loops can be bypassed. The real fun and challenge of Squabble is trying to keep up your speed while negotiating the course. It's a very twisty, loopy trail with plenty of switchbacks, tree gates and close-in trees, and very few stretches that remain straight for more than 20 yards or so (it's so twisty, my Endomondo app is nearly a mile short when I'm done - this is not a trail to practice sprinting). Once you look at it from that perspective, it becomes much more fun even if it won't seriously challenge the skills of anybody above beginner level. The trail itself is in very good shape and is well-maintained.

Awesome trail! My son and I just started mountain biking and this was a very good one. We got brave and decided to take the harder trail. We made it! Friendly people everywhere and it was totally worth it. I will for sure visit again.

Nice place for a hike. Lots of shade & for a Florida girl the small hills & dips were a nice change. My dog loved it too.

Enjoyed this trail but not very challenging. The "expert" loop....isn't ......only a couple of moderately steep drops. This trail makes for a decent work out but is beginner to novice at best. Almost completely flat with an all too short section of "rollers" about halfway through. Not a bad trail to bring a budding mt biker to, just to show them the ropes....no care flight needed. :) Not knocking it though. Well maintained and very rideable.

Nice shady tree cover. Finished the outer loop in just over 30 minutes. Great place to get in a quick ride

Absolutely love this course! If it does not challenge you, you are obviously a professional Mountain Biker! If you complete the entire course you will be satisfied. Be careful, there are lots of things that can reach out and bite you e.g. Trees, stumps and poison ivy. Having stated this, its a very well maintained course.

Lots to look at on this one!! Be careful of bikes and aware of your surroundings as always.