Spring Creek Nature Area Trail

Spring Creek Nature Area Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Richardson, TX that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Paved trail but got lost because there are no markers. Made it out but could have easily meandered miles.

It's a nice paved path that loops through the area. Got a little lost, but I made it out. Almost all trails are paved and are less hiking than strolling. But pretty and shaded.

it was great, I loved the nature experience

Relaxing!

This was a great and enjoyable trail. Plan to do this one again.

Rode with my Family today ..WOW this is an awesome Trail.. Coming Back Soon...

You can't ask for much more given its location.

Went on a little walk with my 3 yr old. Nice clean wide paved side walk. We didn't make it all the way around. The creek/river was nice we went down to the edge and skipped rocks-wish I would have brought a bag because there were bits of trash. There was construction going on near by so I would like to try it again someday and make it all the way around.

Good, clean area. Plenty of paved ares, as well as trails through the woods.

geocaching

It wasn't horrible but way too short. Wound up walking down along the creek bed because the trail ended. If you live in the area it's a nice spot for a leisure walk but it's not worth the drive if your looking for something adventurous.

I've done the paved part of this trail a few times. It's nice.

Good: This is a great set of trails but with all the rain, sections of the trails had several inches of water on them. The trails are mostly shaded but it can get hot in the summer so bring some water with you. The trails are also clean and there are plenty of trash cans along the way.

If you are hiking these trails, make sure to watch out for the bikes. For the most part they they announce their presence and go around the walkers. Just make sure to move out of the way the trail is crowed.

Bad: The main trails are concrete but are not labeled. You might get lost if you aren't paying attention to where you have been.

We actually had to pull out our GPS to figure out how to get back to our car. There are also a ton of small natural surface paths that need to be explored.

I would have given this trail five stars but when the trails aren't marked, it can cause problems for some.

As a beginner, this is a pretty easy and uncrowded trail. Glad to have this one in Richardson.

Short but nice. Good for a casual cruise on a bike or leisurely walk.

Awesome last minute trail pick for spur of the moment walk with daughter and dog. Clear, clean paths and nice wooded shade made for a great evening. This one will be a favorite. Traffic and train sounds did not bother us.

This trail is nice in the summer because of all the shade. I parked at the Samsung nearby (on a weekend) and no one seemed to care. The trail wasn't super crowded but there were enough people that it seemed safe. I did see some trash along the creek but no more than I'm used to seeing near creeks by other trails.

The paved section is nice but don't miss the dirt trail at the end. It leads along the creek and is pretty clean with low traffic noise. Saw a hawk. I hear in spring and summer there is some poison ivy from the spring creek entrance east of Holford road. We heard you can enter from academy on garland and naaman forest blvd to avoid that section. Near the end is a field. Nice and quiet for a picnic in the winter.