Sansom Red Trail

Sansom Red Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Worth, TX that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

It's a nice trail for a walk definitely walk opposite direction of the bikers. I took my husky and he enjoyed the little drops where he could jump of the rocks. It is kinda dirty though. I went around one and it wasn't busy it started getting busy as I was leaving around 4 on a Thursday.

I love it. be better when I get the routes down

Beautiful scenery and great place to bring the kids!

I loved this trail!! There's so much to see and tons of side trails to investigate. Also has some amazing inclines that are perfect for training my body for more intense trails in the future.

An extremely nice trail with many forking paths. Even more amazing is how close these trails are to the city. Some areas are easy and flat, while some contain some scrambling or steep uphill climbs. There is something here for every fitness level.

a little disappointed the trail was heavily littered with broken glass as I brought my dog. I checked his paws when we left and luckily he hadn't stepped on any glass.

Great place to get outside, trail is pretty narrow and was very saturated by the recent rain, there is very little to no signage but great views either way.

Narrow trail and started a little rocky when descending toward the waterfall. It smoothed out the closer you got to the water. Enjoyed it and will go back again. Although I'm not sure the waterfall will be there in the summer time. The water comes from the overflow of the Lake Worth dam. It was beautiful when we went! Our dog had fun too!

Beautiful trail, steep elevation change from the beginning or gradual descent if you stick to the switchbacks. Great views from the top, wide variety of birds and wild flowers, usually a great breeze due to high elevation, low foliage etc. Had a great time with 2 young sons (4/2) hiking around for 2 hours. They loved it. Saw some mountain bikers in full-out helmets and kamikaze gear but they shared the trail and were very friendly. Definitely recommend to someone trying to feel "away from the city".

We got a little lost, but found our way back. It was a fun adventure!! We'll come back soon.

No well marked trails, but beautiful area to watch the dam and have a picnic with the family.

i had a good time w my dogs here today..i love the trails and the views.. will be back for sure..!!

it was about to rain when we went. photo #98 but we are definitely going again it looks like a blast. we walked down one of the trials and it was awesome.

This is actually an awesome trail completely provided and maintained by the Fort Worth mountain bikers. They have done a tremendous job creating several miles of trails in a relatively small amount of acreage. I found it quite easy to navigate these trails. Even as a new trail runner, I know to study a trail map before heading out on a new trail. As I studied the trail on the Fort Worth mountain bikers webpage, I learned that each trail is color coded and easy to follow. Yes there are several less-worn, side tracks traversing each trail, but the easy rule to follow is to stay straight on your current trail if there is no sign pointing otherwise. Stick with that rule and you will not get lost. There are easily 10+ miles of trail here, I'm not sure where the 2.2 number came from. The trails are rated from intermediate to expert, as noted on the trail map on the Fort Worth mountain bikers webpage.

I was really irked by all the comments on here regarding the trash. I'm fairly certain each person that put a review on here used this trail for free, which is provided by the Fort Worth mountain bikers. All of that trash blows down into the park bythe Texas wind from the picnic pavilions above. Rather than complain incessantly about the trash why not grab a garbage bag and pick up a little bit yourself. Otherwise stop complaining about a free trail.

All in all, great trails in north Fort Worth, and lots of great views, lots of heart pumping trail here. Will definitely be back here many times in the future.