Sansom Blue Trail

Sansom Blue Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Worth, TX that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail! lots of climbing and rocks and a couple fast downhill parts good trail.

Great location. Some very beautiful scenery. Mostly very friendly people. I'm giving it three stars for the following.
1) Poorly marked trails.
2) There are non-hikers/m.bikers on the trail late in the afternoon that are sketchy. Don't go by yourself in the afternoon. Another hiker told me not to be out there late evening on the weekend because people are out on the trails or by the falls getting drunk.
3) Not very clean. There are bottles, glass and plastic, littering some of the trails. If you have a bike, or a dog, watch out for broken glass and shredded cans.
4) People are supposed to have their dogs on leashes, the two days we went there were people walking their dogs off leash.

Otherwise, during the day, it's pretty great, and my family will continue to hike this area.

Loved this Trail. I agree with others it's very poorly marked but it was great. My kids loved it.

Variety of trails/pathways. They aren't marked but it's a good place to hike around casually and take in the space

Nice trail. Trails are poorly marked, so I wandered for a while. It was beautiful.

loved it. one of the best trails I have been on yet!

it was a pretty hike! not too much traffic, but you could still tell there were others on the trail. I went after we had a lot of rain so it was pretty heavily flooded over where the falls were. There was the perfect amount of incline/climbing that I like to do when I hike, and there are so many different trail options that it keeps it interesting (take note that the trails are not marked) I still really enjoyed it and will definitely be back!

Best of the Sans trails if you want to get down to the waterfalls and not break your leg doing it. That said, this trail involved a lot more tree cover than the other Sansom trail and was quite a bit easier with less "breathtaking views". Once at the waterfalls though, it's all worth it. Great family hike place, challenging enough to be a workout, but moderate enough for your toddler to need only the occasional piggy-back! Great Tarrant County trail!!

I love this place!, I walk in this park for to many years ago.

I would not recommend it, got my truck window broken and they stole my girlfriends purse

Great tough mountain bike trails. Rocky short steep climbs with fast dropping descents.

Pretty rocky, decent amount of trash. But good workout as some good little climbs. Pretty views.

Hiked Thunder Trail. Top portion very rocky. Bottom portion less rocky. Lower portion has nice views.. give it a score of 3 out of 5.

Loved this trail and so did my kiddos. It is very narrow but we had no problem sharing with bike riders!

The trail is very narrow so I was surprised on how hikers and those on bicycles shared it. It was an easy hike but the trails were very confusing since some intertwined.

This is my backyard hike, love the place. Cation of mountain bikers, most are very cool, but some seem to forget that we share the trail :) Great place, just be cautious of area after hours(local party groups late night) You should always hike with a partner, but ladies I'd recommend that ladies hike with a partner at this location.